Good Metronome for Off-Beat Regulator Practice

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ceann Cromtha
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Good Metronome for Off-Beat Regulator Practice

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Can anyone recommend a good metronome/metronome program that accentuates the off beats for Irish dance music (primarily jigs, reels and hornpipes)? Thanks.
AaronFW
Tell us something.: I started with playing bamboo flutes. But I transitioned to primarily playing the Boehm flute a few lessons ago with the aim of getting good music instruction. However, I've been transitioning to playing Irish Traditional Music on simple flutes.

Re: Good Metronome for Off-Beat Regulator Practice

Post by AaronFW »

Ceann Cromtha wrote:Can anyone recommend a good metronome/metronome program that accentuates the off beats for Irish dance music (primarily jigs, reels and hornpipes)? Thanks.
If I understand what you are asking for... Pro Metronome for iPhone allows you to set the intensity of each beat individually. Each beat can be turned off or set to 1, 2, or 3. You can set the meter to pretty much whatever you want as well. I think the free version has a few limitations, but the pay wall is only a few dollars to have all the features.
nwhitmer

Post by nwhitmer »

I have an old wind-up Maelzel metronome (the kind in the shape of a pyramid) with a bell or dinger function. The 'nome tick-tocks as usual but you can set the bell to ring every 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 6th beat. This might be helpful, or might be plenty annoying.

Nick
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Thanks!