Last Call! 2018 Tionól - April 27-29th, Tybee Island, GA

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ulnpiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Responding to a post about reedmaking. Haven't logged in for so long my account was deleted. :(

I've been making reeds since about 2004.

Last Call! 2018 Tionól - April 27-29th, Tybee Island, GA

Post by ulnpiper »

https://mailchi.mp/26e703163808/2018-so ... th-3283345

The jasmine is in bloom all over the island and it smells wonderful!!

Forecast is for sunny skys and 78 degrees, so put on your flip flops and join us for the South East Uilleann Piper's Club's 16th Tionól with a weekend of Irish music sessions, workshops, and a concert for Uilleann Pipes.

Only 2 days before we'll be at the Tionol! There are still a few seats available, so last call to register now!

All of the private rooms have been booked, but we still have a few rooms with multiple twin beds. Contact Gary if you have questions. You're welcome to book one of these rooms for yourself or to share with a roommate or two.

To Register click here. We've also added links to more information about the housing, go to the information page and click on Venue for details.

Check out the poem written by Lillie!

This year we are not offering fiddle classes and will have two piping instructors; Kieran O'Hare and Nolliag Mac Cárthaigh. Non-pipers are welcome to attend and add to the craic, but be warned there will be some discussion / lamenting about reeds!

We will be having the Piper's Chair on Saturday during the lunch break. If you're interested in playing your favorite tune or set of tunes, please let me know at gary@southeastpipersclub.org

Sessions, workshops and a concert will be happening throughout the weekend, camaraderie is included.

All the best,
Gary