WTB: Uilleann Piper Prints / Paintings

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Zeildritch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Musician, trader and collector. Interested in whistles, strings and Uilleann Pipes. Currently living in Europe, Uk and Ireland.

WTB: Uilleann Piper Prints / Paintings

Post by Zeildritch »

Folks,

Bit of an odd ball question, but help is appreciated.

Does anyone know of sources for high quality prints of the famous piper paintings, and images? I know there loads, and I don't have any particular one in mind. Bit of a project i'm working on.

Cheers,
An Draighean
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: WTB: Uilleann Piper Prints / Paintings

Post by An Draighean »

Zeildritch wrote:Does anyone know of sources for high quality prints of the famous piper paintings, and images? I know there loads, and I don't have any particular one in mind. Bit of a project i'm working on.

Cheers,
I bought a nice quality print of the iconic "The Limerick Piper" by Joseph Patrick Haverty from the National Gallery of Ireland, but I can't find it in their catalog now.

https://www.nationalgallery.ie/
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
RLines
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

Re: WTB: Uilleann Piper Prints / Paintings

Post by RLines »

We were selling prints last year of an 1863 watercolour by William Henry Stopford as a fundraiser for the South Wales Uilleann Pipers.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105068

We only made a small number and they quickly sold out. If there is enough interest we could do another print run, but we’d need a few confirmed orders before it would be financially viable for the club.

Rick
My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru