For Sale: Rogge Ebony Full set in D

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
JordanMcConnell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Primarily a guitar player and also play pipes.
I have a Joe Kennedy full set in D, with a B set on the way.

For Sale: Rogge Ebony Full set in D

Post by JordanMcConnell »

Hello,
I am selling my Andreas Rogge full set in D made in 2006 from ebony, brass and faux ivory.
Chanter has four keys (Cnat, Fnat, G#, and Bflat) plus a stop key and there are tuning slides on the tenor and baritone regs. The chanter has a compound curve swan neck top.
Comes with one spare chanter reed and a spare set of drone reeds. Padded bellows are made from mahogany. Flight case is included in the price.
This is a beautiful looking and sounding set of pipes in like new condition. No dings or chips anywhere, keys are all working fine and all joints are solid. The pipes are airtight and the whole set is ready to go out of the case. I have played this set consistently since it was built for me and it has always been maintained in good working order.
Solidly in tune and easy to reed, it is a great example of the reliable sets that Andreas is known for. This set has literally been around the world several times and has never let me down. Also used it for several recordings with my old band The Duhks as well as others. I'll be sad to see it go but I'm mostly playing my flat set now and I want these to go to someone who will really appreciate them and put them to good use.
The metalwork has developed a lovely patina over the years but I would be happy to polish everything up for you if you'd like.
Asking $10,000 Canadian dollars. (Approx. 6,500 EURO, $8,000 USD)
My good friend Jarlath Henderson came to visit last month and graciously recorded a demo video after spending only a very short time with the set.
You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wycg5-FtIP8
More photos at http://pipers.ie/resources/classifieds/, or Dm me and I can email you a folder with more photos and sound samples.
Thanks,
Jordan
m muir
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: For Sale: Rogge Ebony Full set in D

Post by m muir »

JordanMcConnell wrote:Hello,
I am selling my Andreas Rogge full set in D made in 2006 from ebony, brass and faux ivory.
Chanter has four keys (Cnat, Fnat, G#, and Bflat) plus a stop key and there are tuning slides on the tenor and baritone regs. The chanter has a compound curve swan neck top.
Comes with one spare chanter reed and a spare set of drone reeds. Padded bellows are made from mahogany. Flight case is included in the price.
This is a beautiful looking and sounding set of pipes in like new condition. No dings or chips anywhere, keys are all working fine and all joints are solid. The pipes are airtight and the whole set is ready to go out of the case. I have played this set consistently since it was built for me and it has always been maintained in good working order.
Solidly in tune and easy to reed, it is a great example of the reliable sets that Andreas is known for. This set has literally been around the world several times and has never let me down. Also used it for several recordings with my old band The Duhks as well as others. I'll be sad to see it go but I'm mostly playing my flat set now and I want these to go to someone who will really appreciate them and put them to good use.
The metalwork has developed a lovely patina over the years but I would be happy to polish everything up for you if you'd like.
Asking $10,000 Canadian dollars. (Approx. 6,500 EURO, $8,000 USD)
My good friend Jarlath Henderson came to visit last month and graciously recorded a demo video after spending only a very short time with the set.
You can view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wycg5-FtIP8
More photos at http://pipers.ie/resources/classifieds/, or Dm me and I can email you a folder with more photos and sound samples.
Thanks,
Jordan
Can you PM me please
JordanMcConnell

Set has sold.
JordanMcConnell

Buyer has backed out. Set is still for sale.
JordanMcConnell

Hello,
It would appear that I can't edit the original post anymore so this is just a note to say that the original posting with more pictures is back up at NPU. Here is a direct link: http://pipers.ie/classified/9844/
Also wanted to mention that I'm happy to consider offers in whatever your preferred currency happens to be.
Thanks,
Jordan
kburget

Post by kburget »

Is this set still for sale? I am interested.
JordanMcConnell

Hello,
This set has officially sold. Thanks to everyone for looking and to those who expressed interest.
Jordan