F/S Rogge Full set (Drones and Regs)

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Calum Stewart
antispam: No

F/S Rogge Full set (Drones and Regs)

Post by Calum Stewart »

Hi folks!

Well, after seemingly endless years of trying different makers / pipes / models / prototypes / buying-selling / random ideas / tests etc, I've finally got my pipes sorted - a combined effort from several makers and a unique personal set up which works really well for me, and the music I want to play.

Anyway, the set I was playing previously is now looking for a new home. It's a standard full set in D, from master Andreas Rogge. Stable and in tune. Click on the video link below for sounds. Photos upon request. Brand new reeds from Daniel Gloaguen.
4600 euros fixed price. Buyer welcome to come and play them / have reeds adjusted to suit from Daniel himself (Brittany), or else buyer pays postage.

Ready to rock straight out of the case!

PS I say 'full set', but there is no chanter! So, it's drones and regs really! Nice wooden (leather covered) velvet lined case, original bellows working perfectly, popping strap.

Peace out.
Calum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auCUiZzwQQk
Oldpiping
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: F/S Rogge Full set (Drones and Regs)

Post by Oldpiping »

Hi Calum,

For all of us who like to listen your music, it would be nice to hear what is your final set up i.e. which chanter you play, who made the drones&regs, who bellows ect. Just curious!
I saw the photo of your new chanter - it looks to me like a M. Mahagony - a very nice one! Thanks :thumbsup:

All the best with your sale!
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Oldpiping wrote:Hi Calum,For all of us who like to listen your music, it would be nice to hear what is your final set up i.e. which chanter you play, who made the drones&regs, who bellows ect. Just curious!
I think his latest set looks like they are made by Hevia or Arpa . They're the same company I think.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
brassnebony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brassnebony »

Interestingly enough if you look on Calum's Musician FB page there is a full set in the cover photo with a really strange reg set up.
I'm guessing the set is his, maybe Calum can share the details here.
Calum Stewart

Post by Calum Stewart »

The set in the video was lent from a breton maker. I've never played a Hevia / Arpa sets Rory, but perhaps they look similar?

Thanks for interest in my set up, I'll re post about that as a few folks are asking.

The set is sold now :)