Cane Sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Ted
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Cane Sale

Post by Ted »

I have a large amount of second grade cane tubes from 18mm to 30mm diameter. While my select grade tubes are generally straight and mostly round, they differ from the second grade by being mostly free of grey mold. There may be some mold on my select tubes but the area where the scrape will be will have no mold. Mold on the tails or under the wrap won't harm the reed, so there may still be some mold on my select tubes.

The second grade tubes have mold covering around half the tube. One can cut at least four slips from the select grade tubes. At $3.00 per tube, one slip costs $0.75. The part of the second grade tube which has no mold in the scrape area will produce reeds of the same quality as slips from the select grade. I sell second grade tubes for $1.00 per tube. Slips from my second grade cost around $0.50 per slip.

I am placing my second grade tubes on sale for half the usual price or $0.50 per tube. Slips from these tubes will cost $0.25 each. This sale will continue until my stock is reduced to a point where I can handle it better. Email me at ted@piperssupply.com.