Chris Bailey sets

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
power

Post by power »

Hi. Ive been playing a half-set by Kwistout for the past 8 years now. Time to move on to a full set, and looking for a flat set by a reputable maker. Anyone know anything about Chris Bailey's sets?
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Sounds like you're in the UK or Europe somewhere. What key are you interested in and how long do you expect to wait for a flat pitched full set?

Bagpipeworks http://www.bagpipeworks.com/
has a half set in B on special. Fitting regulators to it would cut down on your wait.

Brad Angus had a full set in B as of last month anywhere else, you might have a minimum of 1 1/2 years wait.

--------

For those of you reading this who haven't seen Christopher Bayley's website, visit:
http://www.bagpipeworld.co.uk/ in it you'll find some awesome pictures of pipes there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tony on 2001-09-29 20:15 ]</font>
power

Post by power »

Hi. Thanks for the reponse, Tony. Yes, Im based in the UK. Expecting to wait 2 yrs or so, though am on the lookout for anything in the meantime.
Prefer B or Bb.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: power on 2001-09-30 06:43 ]</font>
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I've seen the name Kwistout a few times before but I can't recall if there is a website. Do you have a link ?
power

Post by power »

No website as far as I know. Only contacts that I know of are these:
Kwisthout, Hubert - 659 Newmark Rd., Linclon, LN6 8SA, England. Tel. 01522-501850. Fax: 01522-501841