FS: Seth Gallagher 1/2 set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
rscarr3768
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a piper. I had an account here many years ago, but I cannot remember the username, password, or even the email address I gave, so I'm re-registering.

FS: Seth Gallagher 1/2 set

Post by rscarr3768 »

Hello all,

I have a 1/2 set of uilleann pipes made by Seth Gallagher that I am looking to sell.

I am a Scottish piper; I bought these pipes in 2004, but never have had time to learn to play them. After many years of the pipes simply not being used, think it's time to face reality and let them go.

I've inspected the pipes, and they themselves are in good condition; the wood is sound, as are the bag and bellows and so forth. The pipes are ebony with brass; the brass has a patina. The reeds I am certain will need to be replaced; the chanter will sound and has a true scale as best I can tell, but the timbre of the current reed is not good. The drone reeds will not sound at this point. Thus, my strong preference would be to sell these to someone who either can re-reed them or has the means to have them re-reeded.

Oh, also, my understanding is that Seth Gallagher slightly changed his chanter design at some point, and that these pipes were made prior to that change.

If you are interested in learning more (I can supply photos), please contact me at rscarr 3768 (at) yahoo.com (remove the space in the username; I'm just hoping to foil robot address collectors).

I'm asking $3000 for the pipes, but will consider reasonable offers.

Thanks.