FS: Joe Kennedy D 1/2 set - avail this wknd in Toronto!

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Tristan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

FS: Joe Kennedy D 1/2 set - avail this wknd in Toronto!

Post by Tristan »

Joe Kennedy concert pitch (D) 1/2 set in cocobolo/osage orange/brass. Asking $3500 (USD).

The set is currently with Joe getting a brand new set of bellows, and has also gotten a new chanter reed and tenor drone reed, along with some other minor repairs. I'll be getting the set back at the Chris Langan Weekend this weekend in Toronto, so if you're planning to be there, you can try (and buy!) the set in person.

It's a nice playing set. Perfect for a beginner or someone looking to move up from a practice set to a 1/2 set. Keyless chanter, but with mounts to fit them later if desired. It's about 10 years old, and I believe I'm the second owner. It was one of Joe's more basic sets, but he re-reamed the bore to be more in line with his standard sets when I bought it a few years ago, so this is the second time it's been back with him getting a tune up.

Selling because I've moved up to a 3/4 set and am looking to fund an upcoming flat set purchase.

Send me a PM with any questions or interest.

Pics are below. I might be able to put up a soundclip after this weekend.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7795035@N ... 0711139072

Cheers.
An Draighean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: FS: Joe Kennedy D 1/2 set - avail this wknd in Toronto!

Post by An Draighean »

Tristan wrote:Selling because I've moved up to a 3/4 set and am looking to fund an upcoming flat set purchase.
Welcome to the dark side! "Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny." :)

Lovely-looking half set; good luck with your sale.
Deartháir don phaidir an port.