Martin Preshaw?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Juan Pablo Plata
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Martin Preshaw?

Post by Juan Pablo Plata »

Hi, folks.

Martin´s site doesn´t exist anymore, so I´m a bit concerned. He was my first luthier and I hope that everything is ok.
An Draighean
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Martin Preshaw?

Post by An Draighean »

I haven't spoken with him in a little while, but he has been pretty busy. If you do Facebook (I don't), you might try his facebook page. My wife says he posts stuff there: https://www.facebook.com/SeanMacAloon
Deartháir don phaidir an port.
Juan Pablo Plata

Thanks!
hpinson
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by hpinson »

Hi. Martin is doing well, but asked me to take the website down over the last month. My understanding is that he has decided to make some changes, making only flat sets, is not taking new orders, and will make instruments available for purchase as they come ready. If this new approach will change in the future I do not know. Martin's email address has changed and is now flatpitchpipes at gmail.com and I do not know if he is monitoring the old martin at martinprehshaw.com email address. He is on Facebook under the username Pipemaker Fermanagh, but I am not sure about the old Sean MacAloon account there - he may no longer be checking it. Phone as far as I know remains the same as before: Irish callers: 085 129 6847 and international callers: 00353 85 129 6847. If you are having trouble getting in touch with Martin, let me know I can try to expedite, but do try ring him or use that new email address first. That's all the information I have, but he and his family are ok, and he has also been doing a lot of running, and his latest flat sets are just stunning.
Juan Pablo Plata

Thank you :)