Banba Pipes?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Doire
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have played the Uilleann pipes in the past and am looking to buy a 1/2 set and start playing again.

Banba Pipes?

Post by Doire »

Hello,

Does anyone have experience playing pipes made by Martin Gallen? I am thinking of a new practice set to replace one stolen out of my car and his website has some beautiful looking work. Would love to hear from anyone who owns/plays a set of his pipes. Thanks.
banba
Tell us something.: I am a real person. Well a pipemaker if that counts as a real person in todays terms. Don't know what else to write to fill 100 characters don't even know what 100 characters looks like. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that might help

Re: Banba Pipes?

Post by banba »

I have made quite a few sets and my customers have never been dissatisfied with my work or customer service. They do however tend to avoid this forum for a number of reasons. If you look at my pipe making page on Facebook you can find a lot of reviews of my work.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

banba wrote:. They do however tend to avoid this forum for a number of reasons.
Ah go on , tell why they avoid the forum .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
banba
Tell us something.: I am a real person. Well a pipemaker if that counts as a real person in todays terms. Don't know what else to write to fill 100 characters don't even know what 100 characters looks like. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that might help

Post by banba »

Haha
john

Post by john »

Who made the set that was stolen and where did it happen?
banba

Post by banba »

What set is that John
john

Post by john »

Doire said he had pipes stolen from his car.
banba

Post by banba »

Ah ok
bcullen

Post by bcullen »

I was expecting the old joke. Smashed window and another two sets put with it.
:)
Pyroh

Post by Pyroh »

I don't have a set, just a reed from Martin, and the reed is great. Also the communication was super, with prompt responses (I know that's a near-contradiction with "pipemaker" in the same sentence, but it's true!).
PeterPiper
Tell us something.: Love playing pipes Uilleann and Highland . Also play jazz on saxophone . I have ben playing Oboe sax and clarinet for about lo years and pipes for about 10. I am not a great piper but love playing through celtic books and si reading is demanding and enjoyable to me. I live on the shores of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia.

Post by PeterPiper »

I have purchased several items from Martin Bamba Gallen. Very pleased with his reeds at bargain prices. I purchased his reed book... great picture and nicely finished.... I am so pleased with my purchases , I have ordered one of his chanters . Looking forward to receiving it. I have a lot of confidence in Martin and his site. He is getting so busy that you will soon have quite a waiting time as his list of customers grows. I believe he is going to be highly recognized and decided to put up my money to prove it. Will let you know how the chanter works when I get it. I currently play a 3/4 Seth Gallagher set. Martins reeds are so good , I decided to go with my reed makers chanter.
john

Post by john »

I'd luke to see more of Martin's pipes in action. I think there's a nice clip of a flat chanter being played by a piper called Jason rouse on Martin's site and I'm sure more will be added. I'd really like to hear a fullset concert pitch being played in particular.
rorybbellows

Post by rorybbellows »

The end of the bass drone looks interesting, a cross between a puck and a trumpet type resonator .

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
myles

Post by myles »

A trumck?

It's always nice to see people trying a different aesthetic. The beehive-ish mounts (on one of the sets on the Banba pipes facebook page) are an interesting touch too.
Zeildritch
Tell us something.: Musician, trader and collector. Interested in whistles, strings and Uilleann Pipes. Currently living in Europe, Uk and Ireland.

Post by Zeildritch »

I've heard and seen some of Martins work in person and it's great!