Buying pipes

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Brian Crehan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a young piper/fiddler from kildare I found this forum while reading about bill hanerman and his pipes. Very interesting forum.

Buying pipes

Post by Brian Crehan »

Hi all hope everyone's having a great new year. I was wondering if anyone could give me a hand finding either a good solid full set or 3/4 set of pipes till my pipe maker has my new set ready. I've been playing a Jim wenham chanter that my brother kindly let's me borrow so preferably somthing similar enough to that kind of pressure as it is very easy to play in comparison to other chanters I've tried. My email is briancrehan16@gmail.com or if you have me Facebook even better. All the best
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Buying pipes

Post by Steampacket »

On the Uilleann obsession site classifieds page there are a number of 3/4 and full sets for sale including a Cillian O'Briain 3/4 set (ad no. 18 - Ireland), and a Seth Gallagher 3/4 set (ad no. 40 - Spain) for sale, also an Aebi Chanter & Arpha D full set (ad no. 41 France) plus other full sets for sale at different locations.

http://www.uilleannobsession.com/classifieds.html

Most chanter reeds can be set up to play easy so the shouldn't be a problem if you have access to someone with experience.