Examples of Uilleann pipes scores

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
tommykleen
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Examples of Uilleann pipes scores

Post by tommykleen »

Are there any online examples of scoring for uilleann pipes? Full scores: chanter, regulators, drones.

Thanks in advance.
Tommykleen
Well, don't forget to make music.
bcullen

Re: Examples of Uilleann pipes scores

Post by bcullen »

The only examples of a full score I have seen are in the Leo Rowsomes tutor. I suppose the drones would be self evident
I will watch with interest for examples.
Bryan
Pipewort
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Pipewort »

The Dance Music Of Seamus Ennis. Quite a few examples examples
tommykleen
Tell us something.: I am interested in the uilleann pipes and their typical -and broader- use. I have been composing and arranging for the instrument lately. I enjoy unusual harmonic combinations on the pipes. I use the pipes to play music of other cultures.

Post by tommykleen »

The Rowsome tutor, the Ennis book, the Clancy book: I lost them all in a senseless cleaning-up accident. The incident was made famous in the air Amhrán na nDumpster.
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

The late, great Bill Ochs, RIP, meticulously transcribed full scores for lots of pieces of various masters. I always got the impression that Bill was compiling a batch of Liam O'Flynn tunes from his Eagle Tavern and Washington square performances (Pat Sky certainly remembers these events). There was more than that, however.

All this raises the question: what will become of Bill's work in this area? I hope that arrangements were made to transfer it to a body like NPU for their archives, publication, etc. I know that he was striving to finish his Micho Russell collection this time last year and beyond, but I think he had other irons in the fire.