Boisvert C 1/2 set for sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
belinejonq
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I usually look at your forum for used Uilleann pipes sets and pieces. I live too far away to attend events.

Boisvert C 1/2 set for sale

Post by belinejonq »

David Boisvert C ½ Set – The set is made from Curly Lemonwood (Castella Boxwood), with brass and imitation ivory mounts. The chanter is keyless but has blocks for 5 keys and a stop-key. There is a 4th drone which plays G (“A” relative to a D set). The mainstock is hollow and the drone reeds are composite with brass bodies and cane tongues (bari reed is an EZ drone reed). Comes in a rigid dulcimer case. The set includes the original bellows. There is a scratch on the main stock, probably caused by a belt buckle of a previous owner. The set has been well-kept with only a small amount of thread added to the tenons over the winter. This is a sweet sounding, well-balanced flat set with the classic maker look and tone. Bag and bellows are airtight. Selling to fund a concert pitch set. The pipes are located in Quebec, Canada.

Price: US$3500 (negotiable). Buyer to pay shipping and insurance.

Contact Line (Yes, that's Lynn in Franch) Belanger at line.belanger28@gmail.com
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Re: Boisvert C 1/2 set for sale

Post by PJ »

I know Line and I have played the set in question. I can vouch for Line and for the quality of the set she is selling.
PJ
belinejonq
Tell us something.: I usually look at your forum for used Uilleann pipes sets and pieces. I live too far away to attend events.

Re: Boisvert C 1/2 set for sale ****new price ****

Post by belinejonq »

belinejonq wrote:David Boisvert C ½ Set – The set is made from Curly Lemonwood (Castella Boxwood), with brass and imitation ivory mounts. The chanter is keyless but has blocks for 5 keys and a stop-key. There is a 4th drone which plays G (“A” relative to a D set). The mainstock is hollow and the drone reeds are composite with brass bodies and cane tongues (bari reed is an EZ drone reed). Comes in a rigid dulcimer case. The set includes the original bellows. There is a scratch on the main stock, probably caused by a belt buckle of a previous owner. The set has been well-kept with only a small amount of thread added to the tenons over the winter. This is a sweet sounding, well-balanced flat set with the classic maker look and tone. Bag and bellows are airtight. Selling to fund a concert pitch set. The pipes are located in Quebec, Canada.

Price: US$2900 (negotiable). Buyer to pay shipping and insurance.

Contact Line (Yes, that's Lynn in French) Belanger at line.belanger28@gmail.com