V pipes brain how to preset mind scrambled

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
simshiller
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

V pipes brain how to preset mind scrambled

Post by simshiller »

Can anyone help me out here? I have a set of vpipes and having got on with them okay want to introduce them into my band but can't work out how to make a preset with my chosen key and mono setting. I just can't get to grips with it from the manual which is driving me crackers. Where to start from is a sticking point. Can anyone set it out simply?

Thanks
liestman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: V pipes brain how to preset mind scrambled

Post by liestman »

Not sure how detailed an answer you need here. SO if this does not give you what you need, let me know and I will write it out more in a "which buttons you push in which order" mode.

You do a Load Preset of the key you want, edit it and save it as a Preset. Since it uses the last Preset that was loaded as the sound that comes up when you turn on the pipes, the one you edited will automatically come up, including the volume that you had it on when you saved the Preset.

Again, let me know if you need it more step by step. I am happy to help!
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
simshiller

Post by simshiller »

Thanks for your help! I am still stuck with it. If you could do a step by step from the start place I would be happy.
I tried going from set up mode pressed round button x3 which took me to load preset 0 default and I used down arrow to A(fx) which I wanted to change, pressed round button which took me to sound presets load then round button again which took me back to Load preset 0 default again. So round in a circle!

Andy Edinburgh Scotland
liestman
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by liestman »

Right, you almost had it! At the end of the procedure you said, you got the Preset edited and such, but instead of hitting the Round key again, hit the square key repeatedly until you get back to the main menu.

You would think that you would have one more key to hit to sort of confirm your intent, but hitting the round key just starts the process again.

I could be imagining this but it seems like at least sometimes I have to go through that whole process twice before what I edited and saved becomes the setting that the vPipes boot up with. But it never is more than twice and I do it so rarely that I may have just done something wrong the first time. I really wish they had given us users the cable to attach it to a laptop (and the software) so that you could edit the whole thing in a more user friendly setting, but I guess that would open up the whole thing to more than they intended.
yer friend and mine,
John Liestman
Christian Tietje
Tell us something.: I'm an Uilleann Piper since 1985 and before piping a Flute-Player since 1977. Beside thits I played German Pipes in German Folk Music and I play and sing to the Guitar.

Post by Christian Tietje »

have you consulted the manual http://www.vpipes.com/description?

If you connect to a professional amplifiyer please config to "left mono" and use mono jacks of 6 mm or symetrically plugs, balanced connections. Normal audio with effects as to headset does not work there.
Christian Tietje
simshiller

Post by simshiller »

Thanks for helping me out there. I've managed to load a couple of presets although I was sweating a bit in case I would knacker things up.
simshiller

Post by simshiller »

Thanks for helping me out there. I've managed to load a couple of presets although I was sweating a bit in case I would knacker things up.