Bag blowpipe placement position?

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
glasba
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: John McSherry total control, Davy Spillane tonal beauty, and Finbar Furey raw energy. Imagine them combined :)

Bag blowpipe placement position?

Post by glasba »

Hello,

I have a question about bag blowpipe "tie in" position. Usualy the center of blowpipe is apr. 20 cm down from the bag top - I saw this on Kelleher bags.
If you put it lower (22,5 cm down) becouse of wider bag, would this mean any negative effect while playing? Complete width of the bag top to bottom at widest part is 31 cm. Its COB shape bag. Thanks a lot :thumbsup:
Last edited by glasba on Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Re: Bag blowpipe placement position?

Post by PJ »

It probably depends on your dimensions. If your taller it'll probably make less of a difference. But if you're a shortie, it may cause you to carry the bag a little higher than is comfortable.

But as my Aussie friends say, suck it and see!
PJ
reedmasters

Re: Bag blowpipe placement position?

Post by reedmasters »

Is there a standard method for positioning the blowpipe stock. My new hide bag measures 10 5/8" (26.98cm} at the widest part. On my home made synthetic one 11 1/2" {29.21cm} it's about 8" (20.32cm} down. Also would like to know how far in from the outside it needs to be. I made mine about 2 1/8" (5.39cm). It's about the same up from the bottom too. Tried to eave just enough room all the way around, to comfortably tie it in.