FS: Full B set by Brad Angus

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
BzzzzT
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Full B set by Brad Angus

Post by BzzzzT »

For your consideration, a full B set made by Brad Angus in 2004.

PHOTOS OF SET:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonsmit ... 9591748166

UPDATE: I have a working redwood reed in the chanter. This reed should hopefully be stable as wooden reeds are generally less picky. I am playing it in. :)

This set has been my personal set for many years. I have completely overhauled the set. This included re-padding the whole set and refinishing all the wood and metal work when I received the set. This is one of the most beautiful sets I have laid my eyes upon. Brad's keywork and styling is first class. All metal ferrels are hand rolled on the set. I have also set everything up so it easy to play and hit the regulators. This involved getting rid of the wretched straight bass bar and moving the stock cup into the bag. The set plays and feels very similar to a D set and the finger spacing is close on Brad's B chanter so it is a VERY comfortable set to play. The set also includes a newish bag by Jackie Boyce.

I am selling the set as is. It is up to the piper to get it working to their liking and I am not responsible for any loss of satisfaction or issues with the set in the future. My reason for a reluctant sale is I have been battling a rare auto-immune disease called Wegener's Disease. This has given me significant rheumatoid arthritis symptoms along with weakness, muscle pain and neurological problems that has made it difficult to maintain two sets and physically play them. The set has been sitting around and I want to see it played by a piper who will give it some love. I gave away my good chanter reed to help another piper. The current reed is redwood and is kinda crummy. The set is in Phoenix Arizona so it will probably need a reed/s made for the climate it is in. I will try to make some more reeds before it goes out, but no promises. The drones have working carbon fiber reeds in them that have been totally stable for me. The regulators will need all new reeds as I gave these away too. The piper who buys this set should plan on making new reeds for it as the climate difference should cause issues with any reeds in it. Brad could also probably reed the set. It will include a box of reeds with plenty of rolled staples and example reeds from the original set to go by. I will also include some thread to retie joints for the new climate. This set should have everything you need to get going. I can also include some flat chanter cane and slips if you need some.

The internal parts of the stop key were removed by me as I felt it restricted air to the chanter. So the key is just for show. There are also the few dings, scratches etc from use. See photos. The baritone drone end was chipped and repaired by me. There is also a small expansion crack on the bass drone puck that does not effect the performance of the set but provides some character. The set includes NO BELLOWS. You will have to use your existing bellows. I will provide some connector hosing to rig up a connection with the set. A bellows could be purchased for the set.

I will accept reasonable offers for the set. Send me your offer. You might just get a killer deal on a full flat set. I will accept the highest offer I receive over the next week or so. Shipping should be included in your offer to keep it simple. I prefer to sell in the US, but I will consider shipping internationally. I don't recommend a newish piper buy this set, as maintaining a full set and getting it set up might be a bit too much, but if you are up for it, make an offer.

If you have any question please let me know.

Above are photos of the set.

- Jason :)
Last edited by BzzzzT on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DjUntzUntz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: FS: Full B set by Brad Angus

Post by DjUntzUntz »

beautiful set. I wish you good luck with selling and lots of great piping to the happy buyer! :)
BzzzzT

Post by BzzzzT »

DjUntzUntz wrote:beautiful set. I wish you good luck with selling and lots of great piping to the happy buyer! :)
Thanks for the good vibes! Someone is going to get a beautiful sounding and looking set. I was playing the set this morning and it is sounding lovely. There is nothing like the purr of flat pitch drones along with the chanter. I wish my joints were in better shape for piping, I am too young for this #!!$@#$@#%....
BzzzzT

Post by BzzzzT »

I will accept offers till Sunday. So if you are interested, let me know. Highest offer gets them.

The drones and chanter are humming away. The chanter reed is from 60yr old redwood and the slips have been aged for a year so they should hopefully be stable. I am working on the regs but no guarantee I can get them reeded in time. The set comes with all many staples, reeds and I will throw in some primo flat chanter cane.

Good Luck,

- Jason
PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Can you post a clip of the drones and chanter?
PJ
BzzzzT

Post by BzzzzT »

Here PJ. I just used my computer mic. It SUCKS! Sorry for my crummy shaky playing. My hands and arms are very stiff and weak. We also have a very high dry pressure system moving in but they reed is playing ok. I have not adjusted it since I put it in. It is supposed to be 119 on Sunday and 120 on Monday!!! Yikes.

UPDATED SOUND CLIPS: still crummy computer mic :( . Ignore my grunting, the reed is not hard.

I hope this helps...

- Jason
Last edited by BzzzzT on Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BzzzzT

Post by BzzzzT »

Updated Sound Clips. Sorry very last minute.

- Jason
BzzzzT

Post by BzzzzT »

The pipes have been SOLD! THANKS!

- Jason