WTB Flat set in B

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
ennischanter
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Re: WTB Flat set in B

Post by ennischanter »

:(
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes but the preservation of the flame.
DjUntzUntz

Post by DjUntzUntz »

morten wrote:Well, he is not responding, so why would I order anything from him?

The B-set I had agreed on wont come this way either. Seller wouldn't sell after all.

I think I'll just give up piping alltogether.
wauw, you give up quite easily. I coincidentally spoke with Andreas yesterday, he mailed me back only 2 hours after I send him something. He told me
that he was very busy so not much spare time to check his mails. Working hard as a pipemaker is a good thing though.

If you truly want to keep searching for a good B set, perhaps you could mail him again or give him a call? little effort...

else just keep searching. why would you keep up piping life? :-D
morten
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by morten »

I wouldn't exactly call it to give up easy. I have been at it for 16 years, and still haven't got a set. At the moment I use a loaned daye penny practise set for gigs and sessions, because I have yet to find a pipemaker that will hold his promises, and I have dealt with 6 different. All of them was late - spending more time than promised and/or not delivering what they had promised. Time that I should have used practising and playing. When we are talking years that adds up.

But right now I am angry and dissapointed because I had agreed on buying a half set in B, excactly as I wanted, all was ready, and then seller decided not to sell anyway. A week of emailing, deciding, and getting exited all for nothing.

So, no I do not give up easily, but when it gets so frustrating you got to ask yourself if it is worth it. Or if you should give it up, and start doing something that doesn't bring you agony.
DjUntzUntz

Post by DjUntzUntz »

morten wrote:I wouldn't exactly call it to give up easy. I have been at it for 16 years, and still haven't got a set. At the moment I use a loaned daye penny practise set for gigs and sessions, because I have yet to find a pipemaker that will hold his promises, and I have dealt with 6 different. All of them was late - spending more time than promised and/or not delivering what they had promised. Time that I should have used practising and playing. When we are talking years that adds up.

But right now I am angry and dissapointed because I had agreed on buying a half set in B, excactly as I wanted, all was ready, and then seller decided not to sell anyway. A week of emailing, deciding, and getting exited all for nothing.

So, no I do not give up easily, but when it gets so frustrating you got to ask yourself if it is worth it. Or if you should give it up, and start doing something that doesn't bring you agony.
I totally understand where you are coming from. You've been waiting 6 years for your D set? Many pipers say that waiting is one of those key factors in this world but waiting 6 years for a set of uilleann pipes IS a very long time... I applaud to you that you have the patience to wait this long.

Also i'm sorry to hear that you were so excited about buying the B half set and after a week it's cancelled... I understand that it upsets you or even makes you angry.

Again though: Perhaps you could give it another try and mail Andreas Rogge or even call him (that works for sure). He makes good sets of great quality and it doesn't take him years to make a set. I am quite sure you wouldn't regret such a decision. Of course I don't wanna push you into buying only something at Andreas but I have good experience with him and I like his sound and sets.
I would of course please you a geoff wooff set as well but I think you'll have to wait like 15 years then :P

Don't let the frustration get to you, playing the pipes is a privilege to do :) but then again, it's your choice of course. I wish you all the best!
morten

Post by morten »

Perhaps I came on very strong, and if I offended anyone I am sorry. But I was upset, and had to let of steam. That said, I am set on buying a used flat set, and not get involved with any pipemakers.

If anyone will sell anything to me now. I'm usually a very polite man. :wink:
DjUntzUntz

Post by DjUntzUntz »

morten wrote:Perhaps I came on very strong, and if I offended anyone I am sorry. But I was upset, and had to let of steam. That said, I am set on buying a used flat set, and not get involved with any pipemakers.

If anyone will sell anything to me now. I'm usually a very polite man. :wink:
personally no offense taken. Good luck buying one. I'll keep my eyes open for adverts and link them here when I see them! :)
ChristianRo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ChristianRo »

I am sure you have checked this one already:
http://uilleann-pipes.clicforum.com/t78 ... lagher.htm
Christian
ennischanter
Tell us something.: If you flush your toilet 7 times whilst lilting "The Bucks of Oranmore", an apparition of one of the great pipers of old will appear in the mirror, you will be blessed with good reeds, but cursed with bad bags and bellows.

Post by ennischanter »

Now I'm scared to order anything!! Because of promises and waiting time! :(
We musicians are enemies by disposition, so treat every musician you happen to meet, accordingly.

andyp

Post by andyp »

Is it just me, or is this going on a little too long?
ennischanter

Post by ennischanter »

Lol maybe.

morten

Post by morten »

Don't know what you mean? English is not my own laguage, so I might be missing something? Still haven't found a set, so why should it have been going on too long?

- thank you for the hint about the set in france. I'll look into it.
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Morten there seems to be a B set for sale on Rogge's site.
http://www.uilleann-pipes.de/english/index.html