Help Re Post Pics

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
PhilO
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Help Re Post Pics

Post by PhilO »

Ok, I took pics and emailed them to and saved them on my hard drive as jpegs. I note above "img" but can't seem to figure out how to get the pics from my hard drive to post on C&F?
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Feadoggie
antispam: No

Re: Help Re Post Pics

Post by Feadoggie »

Since you are new around here :lol: I would like to direct you to the "Forum Support" portion of C&F where there is a sticky on posting images.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=23407

Basically C&F does not host images and cannot connect to your local drive via Internet. So you have to post the photos to an Internet service that hosts photos and link from there. Photobucket works for me. Once you upload them there you can merely click on the img link and then insert them here.

Let me know via PM if I can help you, PhilO. You could email the photos to me and I can put them up on Photobucket and link them from there to C&F. But in the long run you'll want to have something handy like Photobucket for your own use.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Thanks Feadoggie; I take it Facebook doesn't count in this regard?
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Feadoggie
antispam: No

Post by Feadoggie »

PhilO, sorry I do not do Facebook. I can't speak specifically to that.

But you can link photos from any web repository where the picture has a static URL or an address accessible via the web. So if the picture on Facebook has it's own page or file identifier, and you do not have to be logged in to see it, it could work.

It's easy enough to find out. Let's try it.

OK. I did a test using photos from my daughter's Facebook page and it worked.

Here's what you do. Bring up the page with the photo you want to use on Facebook. Place your PC's cursor on the photo you want to display on C&F. Right click your mouse. Then select "Copy Image URL". Then come to C&F and the page where you are posting to a thread. Click the Image box at the top of the editing window [Img] and that will insert the image tags in your post leaving the cursor between the start and end tags for the image. Don't move the cursor. Right click the mouse again and select "paste". That will put the photo URL between the image tags. That should do it. Preview your post to make sure.

Feadoggie
I've proven who I am so many times, the magnetic strips worn thin.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Thanks Feadoggie! Happy New Year
rexykik

Post by rexykik »

PhilO still seems to be having some trouble, given his post on the "Show us your Whistle Collection" thread.

PhilO, once you have the image open in Facebook:

*In Internet Explorer, right click the image and select Properties
-Select all of the text in the "Address" field, from "https" to ".jpg". Dragging your mouse while selecting will enable you to move to the top or bottom of the Address field to select from the beginning to the end

*In Chrome, right click the image and select "Copy Image URL"

Use this entire long URL within the Img tag to post the url.

A couple more tips:

You can use the "Preview" button to view what your post will look like to others before clicking the "Submit" button to ensure it is properly formatted.

Additionally, you can click the "Edit" button in the bottom right hand corner of your post and edit it if you need to make changes, so that you don't have to make multiple posts. However, the ability to edit a post expires after so long.

EDIT: I like imgur.com, which allows you to upload and link images trivially without needing to register an account. This makes it great for sharing, but less great for archiving your personal images, where photobucket would be superior.