Maximum number of login attempts = 1?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Brus
antispam: No

Maximum number of login attempts = 1?

Post by Brus »

This morning I logged into C&F and, on the very first login, was informed I had exceeded the maximum number of login attempts and had to enter a "captcha" in additional to my userid/pw in order to log in, which I did.

Yes, on the very first login!

Is there something going on here?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
kkrell
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Maximum number of login attempts = 1?

Post by kkrell »

I've never seen a captcha screen for C&F *ever*
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Hi Brus, that's odd. No, we're not aware of a problem with the board or with your account. Maybe try deleting your Chiffboard cookies and see if the problem recurs. If so, let us know.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

This morning when clicking on an email notification link, I got a window on the forum saying:
"You are not authorised to read this forum."

I still do clicking that link.
I paste it here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95119&p=1121547&e=1121547
(a notification of a post by MTGuru himself, but it seems that the system generated the wrong post number)

This has nothing to do with login problems, I was automatically logged in just fine, but still, maybe something odd is going on in the forum system bowels?
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

hans wrote:This morning when clicking on an email notification link, I got a window on the forum saying:
"You are not authorised to read this forum."

I still do clicking that link.
I paste it here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95119&p=1121547&e=1121547
(a notification of a post by MTGuru himself, but it seems that the system generated the wrong post number)

This has nothing to do with login problems, I was automatically logged in just fine, but still, maybe something odd is going on in the forum system bowels?
I don't know what the e parameter is, but if you take them off, it points here, which is viewable:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95119
But yeah, C&F post # 1121547 seems to actually be over in a forum we non-mods don't have access to.