Remove postong

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
patsky
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Remove postong

Post by patsky »

How do I remove a posting, later on, when I decide that I wish to write and correct it. I posted me playing banjo and decoded that there were some corrections needed. I thought it best to delete the old one an write a new one

Pat
Pipes, Reeds and free information on my website: http://www.patricksky.com
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Remove postong

Post by Nanohedron »

patsky wrote:How do I remove a posting, later on, when I decide that I wish to write and correct it. I posted me playing banjo and decoded that there were some corrections needed. I thought it best to delete the old one an write a new one

Pat
This would be a question for Forum Support, to be found down a ways on the Index Page. But I'll cover it here. [Looks like someone moved it for me anyway. Cool. :) ]

General membership is constrained by a 72-hour limit when it comes to editing of any kind, including deletion, of one's own posts. After that time, only a mod can make the changes for you, so the thing to do would be to send a mod a PM with an outlay of the changes you wish to make, and if there's no problem, we'll tackle it.

This feature has been instituted for a while now due to abuses in the past, so it would be no surprise if less-frequent posters might be unaware of it. I'll check the CCCP to see if it's in there, and if not, I'll correct the oversight. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
michaelpthompson
Tell us something.: I have played whistles and flutes for many years, but I am looking to get more serious with it. I mostly play Irish traditional music, but I want to expand into native american as well.

Re: Remove posting

Post by michaelpthompson »

[Thread revival - Mod]

Sorry to bring the old thread back, but I cannot find the ability to remove or delete a post. The CCCP says there's an x in a box in the lower right corner of the post field, but I don't see that anywhere. I am still within the 72-hour limit and want to remove what has now become an extraneous post.

Thanks.
Cheers!

Michael
Living the Rainbow Life!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Remove posting

Post by benhall.1 »

michaelpthompson wrote:[Thread revival - Mod]

Sorry to bring the old thread back, but I cannot find the ability to remove or delete a post. The CCCP says there's an x in a box in the lower right corner of the post field, but I don't see that anywhere. I am still within the 72-hour limit and want to remove what has now become an extraneous post.

Thanks.
If there has been a reply to your post, you will not be able to delete it - Mod.
michaelpthompson
Tell us something.: I have played whistles and flutes for many years, but I am looking to get more serious with it. I mostly play Irish traditional music, but I want to expand into native american as well.

Re: Remove postong

Post by michaelpthompson »

That explains it. Thanks.
Cheers!

Michael
Living the Rainbow Life!