Real names

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
walrii
antispam: No

Real names

Post by walrii »

Many C&F'ers seem to know each others real names as well as their log-in IDs. Is there a place where real names show? I can't find it in the profile. Silly question, I admit, but its been bugging me for a while.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Real names

Post by s1m0n »

My first name is pretty obvious, but apart from one or two people I've met in real life, any other names I know are because someone signed their name to a post.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Denny

Post by Denny »

only if they post it enough that I manage to remember it....

'course my name is Phreadd :really:

isn't it....I don't remember anymore :shock:
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Besides, the first rule of the secret cool kids forum is "don't talk about the secret cool kids forum".
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Denny

Post by Denny »

I've failed at that before :D
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Phreadd, you could say that about anything.

The only people who get to know my real name are people who choose to gift me with musical instruments and need my mailing address and people who quit using emoticons as chattel.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
walrii

Post by walrii »

mutepointe wrote:...quit using emoticons as chattel.
Free the Emoticons! Join ELF! (Emoticon Liberation Front). We are secret society; no real names allowed.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

I prefer the non-violent method of change in the spirit of Ghandi and King. You have your own path to choose and if that includes assassination, well, Denny and Nano and others will have to understand.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

yer obsessing dear.....
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

I try to keep my name private, but I have met a few Chiffers and have bought and sold things to members. Some people have indicated their names with signatures and over time you just know who certain people are,some use to respond to PMs with his name, etc. There is also a chat board where people often use different names and not their log in ID.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:...chattel.
You waited all year to use that word, didn't you.

Nossir. Uh-uh. This Mr. Nice Guy stuff stops, right here, right now. No, my fellow emoticonists and I are not the slavemongers, here: Mutepointe in his crude but creakily workable strategy wants you all to be distracted from the odious reality that he is holding the alphabet in thrall, using poor shuddering helpless unasked letters to shape his nefarious, filthy - and probably illegal - purposes, whenever and however his whim bends in its sweep, gluttonous as a whale shark as it slams through a krill-cloud of terrified ciphers. I tell you, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Let my abecedary go!

Defend THAT. You have met the kettle, Mr. Pot, and the kettle says: Chattel, shmattel.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

mutepointe

Post by mutepointe »

Nanohedron wrote:
mutepointe wrote:...chattel.
You waited all year to use that word, didn't you.

Nossir. Uh-uh. This Mr. Nice Guy stuff stops, right here, right now. No, my fellow emoticonists and I are not the slavemongers, here: Mutepointe in his crude but creakily workable strategy wants you all to be distracted from the odious reality that he is holding the alphabet in thrall, using poor shuddering helpless unasked letters to shape his nefarious, filthy - and probably illegal - purposes, whenever and however his whim bends in its sweep, gluttonous as a whale shark as it slams through a krill-cloud of terrified ciphers. I tell you, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth. Let my abecedary go!

Defend THAT. You have met the kettle, Mr. Pot, and the kettle says: Chattel, shmattel.
I am a man of letters. There. Since that answer won't be enough to satisfy you, let me elaborate. Letters by themselves are just that letters. With my assistance and the assistance of any literate person letters become words and ideas and serve a far greater purpose than they could ever serve individually. Whether ideas seem nefairous, filthy, illegal of even holy, letters have no worry. Ideas by themselves are neither good nor evil. Actions are what matters and bring life to an idea. Letters have no movement and therefore no life. Emoticons do have movement, do have faces, and do perform actions. All of which give them life and soul. And all life should be free.

Let my emoticons go.
白飞梦
Denny

Post by Denny »

mutepointe wrote:Emoticons do have movement, do have faces, and do perform actions. All of which give them life and soul. And all life should be free.

Let my emoticons go.
they're yers and we should let 'em free :-?

couldn't we jus' sell 'em back to ya :wink:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

mutepointe wrote:Letters have no movement and therefore no life.
Aha: in the question of "What is Life?" you have played your hand, and are clearly of the the current because-everybody-says-so common wisdom, that is to say the animationist paradigm, which you will find unchallenged from the loftiest tome to the lowliest tabloid. Fair enough. But how do you KNOW that movement is always a required indicator for life? A rock rolls down the hill and so, for its time in motion, is it thus then alive? But I say letters have life. Yes, I say they do. For that matter, not all emoticons move; are those then lifeless, and only the fortunate likes of the laughing smiley have the crown of "life" bestowed upon them? One more thing: sitting at my computer, I HAVE no life.

Food for thought, Mutesy; food for thought.

And please stop calling them "your" emoticons. If you wanna be Moses, try instead for leading the avatars out of whatever Egypt it is you're living in, already.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician