searching the forum

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Caru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Caru »

I tried using the search feature to find a thread about Drowsy Maggie. A list of links came up (so far, so good) but when I click on any of them the computer sends me back to the search page (where you type the words you're looking for) rather than to the threads listed. I tried a couple time with the same results. Am I just doing something wrong?
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

The search feature displays results in four columns of information and a line for each occurance. The column headings are:
The forum that it appears in,
The topic within the forum,
The author,
The date and time it was posted

Click the SECOND COLUMN to see the posts within that column. If others post using the same search name you will see duplicates listed for the same topic.
If you're clicking in the first column, your are only calling up the forum that the search word appears in...
Use this tip when searching. If you right click the mouse and select 'open in new window' the original search results remain in the first window... If the information you're looking for isn't on the second window you only need to close it and make another selection. This is much faster than using the back arrow and waiting for your browser to refresh all the information again.
Caru

Post by Caru »

Well, I tried again and made sure I was clicking on the second column, and the same thing happened. I tried several of the entries for the "Struggling with Drowsy Maggie" thread, and kept getting send back to the screen where I entered the words to search for. Any other ideas?
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Caru

Post by Caru »

Thanks, Tony. One of the links you so kindly posted was what I wanted.