Risky Threads

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Risky Threads

Post by Nanohedron »

There are threads here at C&F (only at the Pub, to date) that consistently boot me off of the Internet when I click on them. The latest is Tyler's "Toilets of the World [or something like that]" thread. On the other hand, maybe it's just as well in this case.

That being said, any ideas?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Are you behind a fire wall?
What version of Firefox are you using?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

I.D.10-t wrote:Are you behind a fire wall?
Yes, thanks for replying.
I.D.10-t wrote:What version of Firefox are you using?
None that I know of. Bear in mind, though, that I am most lame.

Other threads that'd boot me included the "Happy Birthday, Dale!" thread, and there was at least one other but I can't recall its title. I seriously doubt the birthday thread had suspicious content at the time I tried accessing it; I would have been only the third poster or so had I been able to do so. *scratches head*
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Sorry you got flushed from that thread, Nano!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Tyler Morris wrote:Sorry you got flushed from that thread, Nano!
Oh great, now he is probably unable to access his own thread thanks to your potty mouth.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Craig Stuntz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Craig Stuntz »

I recall a news story that Norton Internet Security will drop you off the internet if you connect to an IRC channel and people post certain text to that channel. I wonder if you're using any sort of Internet security package which may be correctly recognizing the Chiffboard for the powerful threat to humanity that it is?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

The thought has crossed my mind, Craig, especially after the Happy-Birthday-to-Dale thread incident. It became clear that beneath something so innocent and harmless-seeming as a string of birthday wishes, my security may have recognised that there lurked a restless force to be reckoned with on a global scale. Maybe galactic, even.