Hotel Exorcisms

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Hotel Exorcisms

Post by Lambchop »

Are there exorcists for hotel rooms?
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Okay, I'd give these guys a call.

"Larry and Debbie have been investigating paranormal phenomena for many years and helping to clear negative forces. Now Larry performs exorcisms as part of his spiritual vocation. Take the link to their web site. It is not presented as a religious page because that turns people away who need their services. So they are linked with various paranormal sites :-? . Take the link below to their Aware Foundation site.
DEBBIE has been a paranormal investigator with several organizations since 1993. Born with the biblical charisma of "Discernment of Spirits" she is able to use her gift to evaluate, or "discern" spirit activity, whether divine, human or preternatural, often being able to obtain the names and numbers of spirit entities. She is also excellent at taking "psychic" photography and capturing images on film. She is currently attending the Independent Catholic church in the area. Along with her husband, Larry, they started the Aware foundation in the summer of 2000 and together they bring many years of experience to the paranormal field.

REVEREND LARRY also started out as a paranormal investigator and has also worked with several ghost hunting organizations since 1986. He studied demonology for many years and this interest lead him into the seminary. He graduated from Holy Apostles Seminary in 1988 with a Masters Degree in theology and was ordained a sub deacon for the Eastern Catholic Church that same year. He has performed or assisted at hundreds of exorcism/deliverance for people of all faiths. Larry was ordained an Independent priest with the Old Catholic Church on June 5, 2004. Through this he hopes to reach out to more people in need of his ministry. He is also currently ministering in outreach programs in Bridgeport, CT. "http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=ixuyy4aab.0.0.x ... erances%2F

I guess you'd want to be delivered from the demons in your room. You could try calling the front desk, I guess, to see if you could change rooms. Is something interesting happening?
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Yoo hoo! Lamby? Everything okay there?Image
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lamby, I feel it is your duty to respond if possible. Since you intimated that your room was occupied by demons, silence on your part is not exactly comforting. Demons, if you have occupied Lamby, please get in touch with us here. If I don't hear from someone soon I'm going to post a picture of Linda Blair here and make everyone ill! :lol: That should do it.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

LAMBY, I HOPE YOU ARE NOT IN
YOUR HOTEL ROOM LOOKING LIKE THIS!!!!

I just couldn't bring myself to post a picture of Linda Blair.
But I swear I will next time! :lol:
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Oh, dear...
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: Well, don't you think she ought to respond after starting a thread like this? Unless she can't. :boggle: :o :boggle:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I'm sorry! I was unable to post an update due to an influx of English tourists who all wanted to check their email on the computer in the hotel's business center!
Cynth wrote:LAMBY, I HOPE YOU ARE NOT IN
YOUR HOTEL ROOM LOOKING LIKE THIS!!!!

I just couldn't bring myself to post a picture of Linda Blair.
But I swear I will next time! :lol:
Umm, I think if you sent that picture to the Hilton Homewood Suites Hotel on International Drive in Orlando, they would identify it as me the morning after, when I descended upon them at 0630 to beg for a new room.

Believe me, at that point, I was beyond "demanding" and mere "requesting." I thought "frantic begging" would fit better with my quavering voice and twitching eyelid. Sobs were on their way.

I apologize for not updating you sooner, but swarms of freshly arrived English tourists wanting to check their email kept the hotel's business center's computer busy!

I'm home again and going straight to bed!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

:lol: Well, I was just wondering if I should send Rev. Larry and Debbie to look for you. Probably just as well we don't get involved with them. Glad you made it back home alive and, apparently, delivered! :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

I'm waiting for the hotel's customer satisfaction survey to arrive, at which time I plan on recommending L&D Exorcism Services .

It was ghastly. Really, Cynth, you have no idea! I had no idea! I mean, you don't go to a Vacation Paradise . . . ok, I was on business, but it was still a VP . . . the Home of Mickey Mouse . . . Land of Sunshine and Orange Juice . . . and expect to find a room like that!

It wasn't as though I'd gone to Edinburgh to tour haunted sewers, after all. With that, you'd appreciate the added effect of this room.

The hotel was in the shape of a hollow rectangle with the pool in the middle. At the front end was the lobby, which extended out into the pool area considerably as a high-ceilinged lobby public area. By high-ceilinged, I mean 2-3 stories (retain this figure).

Upon entering my room, I immediately noticed that it was dark. This was odd, because there was still brilliant sunshine outside and the drapes were open. I also thought it odd that I was unable to see any "view," i.e., trees or the other side of the hotel, through the sheers. This turned out to be due to the fact that the windows opened into what was essentially an air shaft next to the side of the lobby public area. The kitchen roof formed the top of the 1st floor below (which I deduced by the fact that a large air-conditioning exhaust fan on that roof bore a large sign saying "kitchen") and a solid concrete wall 10-15 feet away from the window formed the lobby wall. The only light I could detect came from over the roof of the lobby 2 stories up and to the far left where the wall ended in the pool courtyard. If I mashed my face against the window (which you didn't want to do because it was grimy), I could barely see a bit of sky and a bit of the concrete pool deck. Oh, and there was, by way of "landscaping," a palm tree with 2 remaining fronds stuck in this grisly air shaft. Presumably, it was the "view" afforded to the next room.

Not being one to whine right off, I decided to make the best of this. After all, if I wasn't the one in this room, some poor English person would be in there instead, and then they'd go back to England with a less-than-favorable opinion of my lovely state. So, I opened the drapes all the way and turned on the lights.

It didn't help. It was still dark. The 4 lamps had 100 watt bulbs, but it didn't help. I then turned on the fluorescent ceiling light in the kitchen and both bathroom lights. They added a sickly flickering, weak glare. I then turned on the light under the microwave, too. It was as though nothing could illuminate the dankness in that room.

And I do mean dank. The air-conditioning in the corridor did not seem to be on. It was going down to the 50s or upper 40s that night, so I suspect they had it turned off, but the effect was swamp-like. The corridor was hot and wet, and so was my room. It hit you in the face when you stepped out of the elevator. In an effort to air out the room, I opened the windows.

There were no window screens. Lovely, so now to get fresh air I had to risk encephalitis! Opening the windows, a rush of cigarette-laden, hot and fetid air blew in from the air-conditioning fan on the roof below, thus explaining why there were no screens. They didn't want you to open the windows.

The in-rush of hot air, though, triggered the room's air-conditioner to start up. It succeeded in blowing streams of frigid, wet air (in Florida, you need to dehumidify AND cool . . . if you only cool the effect is hideous) toward the only two places in the room where you would want to be . . . the bed and the "work table," which also doubled as a kitchen table (the place had two televisions, but no work desk? and it's a business hotel?), complete with two grimy placemats, the makings for coffee (the packets of which appeared to have teethmarks in them, although not in any pattern I could recognize as human or animal), a sign advertising Pizza Hut, and various stuck-on smears of meals past.

Oh, and the computer access port was on the other side of the room from the "work table." Very convenient.

Sigh. I then began looking for a place to park my suicase. There was only one bed, so I couldn't use the other bed. I certainly did not want to put it on the floor, as it looked as though it might be dirty. (Everything in the room was grimy, no doubt from the kitchen exhaust, which sent aerosolized grease onto every surface, which then attracted thick clumps of dust.) No luggage stand. I called the front desk, which said they'd send one right up.

Some time later, a person appeared with a luggage stand, thrust it through the door, and vanished. It had only three legs. I called the front desk again. They sent up another. The same person appeared, asserted that this luggage stand was brand-new, thrust it through the door, and vanished. It appeared newer than the previous one, having not had time to lose a leg yet, but had stripped screw holes throughout. All of them. Every one. The bits of wood were held together by virtue of the webbing, but the contraption wouldn't stand up no matter what I tried. And I even tried reassembling it using the cork-puller from the kitchen.

This time, thinking I would be unable to explain this, I took it down to the front desk myself. They sent up another, which stood up only if you propped it against the wall and wedged it with the suitcase. To find it, they'd had to ransack every unoccupied room in the place, as they had no extras.

After working for several hours in the dark and cold, with my arms sticking occasionally to the table, and after a thorough search for bedbugs, I went miserably to bed. That's when the noises began.

The kitchen air-conditioner roared to life every few minutes, rumbling the walls. The room air-conditioner clanked into action, as well, spraying me with freezing mist. The refrigerator began squealing and dripping. And then the elevator hydraulics started up.

The whole evening, I felt as though I was trapped in a dungeon. The rooms were small and I couldn't see out, and it was so dark I couldn't see IN, either! The air was oppressive, freezing, and dank. The furnishings were miserably uncomfortable--kitchen tables and chairs do not make good work desks.

I slept a total of about 3 hours, beneath one of those icky foam blankets festooned with cigarette burns, waking up to hideous noises every few minutes. I thought of simply sleeping out by the swimming pool.

In the morning, I was frankly depressed. The thought of staying in that room 4 more nights nearly brought me to tears.

In the morning, the coffeemaker wouldn't work. I trudged unhappily into the bathroom to shower, and then, while applying makeup, I leaned closer to the mirror to see -- remember that I have somewhat poor vision and do not actually see much detail if I am without spectacles or wearing reading glasses, which I had been since entering that room -- and that was when . . . .

<scroll>

. . . that was when I saw the blood spattered on the wall next to the mirror.

It was more than you would expect from a shaving accident.

Everything clicked into place when I saw that blood. I became convinced that something horrible had happened in that room. And whatever it was still remained and didn't want me there.

I was at the front desk as soon as I could get my pants on, begging pathetically for a new room. My voice was shaking and I was close to sobbing. I was, in fact, close to running screaming down the street to throw myself on the mercy of the Peabody Hotel.

I explained that the room was dark, oppressive, freezing, wet, and had hideous noises, and now I had dungeonesque claustrophobia, and they looked at me incredulously. They asked me to speak to the manager. He listened attentively, then asked what room number it was. When I told him, he got a Look of Total Understanding on his face and said I'd be moved as soon as they cleaned a new room for me. Just to leave my things packed and they would transfer them while I was at my meeting. And they did.

When I saw the new room, I realized why they had been incredulous. It was lovely. Brilliantly sunny, well-lit at night with warm, soft incandescent bulbs, a spectacular Florida breeze coming through the windows, a tropical ceiling fan above the bed, very clean, filled with fluffy white towels arranged attractively, and a lovely view of trees and green swaths. And then they brought me a down duvet and six lovely new pillows. At which point I began working in bed instead of at the kitchen table.

Everyone else's room was quite nice, as well, leading me to believe that there was Something Wrong with Room 303. I felt fortunate to have escaped its abbatoir atmosphere.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Lambchop wrote:I was at the front desk as soon as I could get my pants on,
It's good to know that, even in the face of mortal danger, your common decency prevailed. I hope that one day, should I be in a similar position, I would perform as admirably.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Yes, I think there was definitely something wrong with Room 303Image

Dang, I might just give Rev. Larry and Debbie a call anyway! I want to know what the deal is with that room. Why did only the manager realize it was not for paying people? Who stays there normally? DRUG DEALERS! I bet that's it. Oh, I hope you didn't leave any fingerprints back there. When they get busted, your fingerprints will be there too.

Blood on the wall! Image Oh dear. That really just makes me ill. And coffee packets with teeth marks in them. And ads from Pizza Hut, that just tops it off in my opinion.

Well, I'm glad you survived, Lamby. That is surely the strangest tale I've heard for a long time. I think I'm happy at home, thanks just the same. :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

There weren't any alligators, though. :wink:

I can definitely say Room 303 had bad feng shui. There's some new thing on the SciFi network, where they go to haunted places and commune with the entities. I wonder if they'd like to try out that room?

I'm thinking drug dealing would be too nice for that room. Satanic rituals would have fit right in, though.

I just can't get over how dark it was. Even with all the lights on, it was DARK. Like the air was colored black. The new room was fine. Cheery, airy, and bright. Like the difference between night and day. Literally.

In fact, in the first room, I felt like I had to wear sweat pants, socks, and a jacket for protection. Seriously, I slept in a jacket. Zipped. The second room was so delightful that I went shopping and almost bought white cotton eyelet jammies. Actually, I ended up with something more flimsy than that.

I'm happy to be back at the Little Pasture, if for no other reason than there is less food here. Between the good breakfasts and the yummy treats they served us at the meeting, I gained ten pounds. :oops:
Last edited by Lambchop on Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well thank the universe for small blessings! :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Lambchop wrote:I'm happy to be back at the Little Pasture, if for no other reason than there is less food here. Between the good breakfasts and the yummy treats they served us at the meeting, I gained ten pounds. :oops:
Oops. It appears to be a bit more than that. :oops: :oops: :oops: