Hotel Exorcisms

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

I don't see how you could gain that much in a week, Lamby. Maybe your scale isn't zeroed or something.

You know, at Larry's and Debbie's website there is a page for Ghost Webcams. They are all fakes or not working, don't bother to go there. I mean, there's wouldn't be anything to see if they were working really :lol:. But maybe you could sneak a webcam into Room 303 and we could find out what goes on in there. That sounds really interesting. Even though it would probably turn out to be very boring.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:I don't see how you could gain that much in a week, Lamby.
You would if you'd seen me at the breakfast buffet. :wink:

I don't want to get close enough to sneak a webcam in there.

For the whole rest of the week, I went the other way around the hotel to my room. I didn't even want to use the elevator near that room.

Eeeech!
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I didn't find this thread until today. For heaven's sake, why did you put this in Forum Support? Nobody reads that. If cranberry can post a request for laundry instructions in the pub, then an exorcism emergency certainly is justified as well.

As someone who travels all the time for work, I can certainly both sympathize and empathize. Sounds like you got a "dead guy room." I've had some bad hotel rooms, but never one with blood (although a co-worker did recently in the same hotel I'm in now). What yucks me out the most are the "hairs of indeterminate origin," and wondering how someone got that hair that far up the damn wall. (And never, ever take a black light into a hotel room. Just trust me on this one.)

Anyway, I think we should make this the start of the official Chiff and F. traveler's advisory forum, if we can talk Lamby into sharing where this happened. Post your gawd-awful travel experiences here, that others might either (a) avoid them, or (b) seek them out should they be of such a mindset that they like a good dead guy room.
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

gonzo914 wrote:I didn't find this thread until today. For heaven's sake, why did you put this in Forum Support? Nobody reads that. If cranberry can post a request for laundry instructions in the pub, then an exorcism emergency certainly is justified as well.
Well, I needed support from the forum . . . it seemed the best place. I knew Cynth would spot my distress call right away.

You didn't know? I post down here all the time. A lot of people don't like my posts; I don't want to incur their wrath.
As someone who travels all the time for work, I can certainly both sympathize and empathize. Sounds like you got a "dead guy room."
Oh, my goodness! I just realized what it was! It was the smell! Well, it was a lot more than that -- there was no mistaking the unhappy presence -- but it smelled like a morgue. And so does my suitcase! That's what's wrong with it! It smells!

That explains why I was unable to bring myself to wear the jammies I packed! I actually went out and bought new ones, and I did wash everything the minute I got back.

What yucks me out the most are the "hairs of indeterminate origin," and wondering how someone got that hair that far up the damn wall. (And never, ever take a black light into a hotel room. Just trust me on this one.)
No need to trust you . . . I know. :o

I can't abide finding those hairs enmeshed in the towels. Brrrr!

I do not sit on bedspreads, preferring to pick them off and plop them at a distance in the corner. Should I feel compelled to sit on upholstered furniture, I will usually put down a towel first.
Anyway, I think we should make this the start of the official Chiff and F. traveler's advisory forum, if we can talk Lamby into sharing where this happened. Post your gawd-awful travel experiences here, that others might either (a) avoid them, or (b) seek them out should they be of such a mindset that they like a good dead guy room.
Room 303 -- The Addams Suite -- of the Hilton Homewood Suites on International Drive in Orlando, Florida. :)
Cotelette d'Agneau
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

I just read your earlier post more carefully and found the first reference to homewood Suites on International Drive. Damn -- That's the nice part of town, too, if I remember correctly.

My worst hotel experience was also in Orlando. I arrived three days after one their hurricanes (they had three that year) to find that the hotel in which I had been staying and for which I had a reservation (Marriott Courtyard by UCF) had no power. And had had none for the last three days, although Marriott never bothered to call or email and let me know. And it was 11:00 o'clock on Sunday night with no hotel rooms anywhere in the area. I spent two hours looking for one, then I went back to the original one and gave the security guy a $20 bill for a flashlight and an empty, albeit dark and powerless, room on the condition that I have my ass out of there before the fire marshall showed up the next day. The alternative, of course, was sleeping in the car. That next morning, I called Marriott corporate offices and the rest of the week I had pretty nice suite at a substantial discount adjacent to Disney World. (The Mouse always has power.)

The moral is that you should be a whiner. Whine early and whine often. Non-whiners don't stand a chance.

And you're probably going to have to throw that suitcase away. You can't get rid of dead guy smell.
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

gonzo914 wrote:
And you're probably going to have to throw that suitcase away. You can't get rid of dead guy smell.
I bet this might...

http://www.biozapp.com/odor_stop_area_washdown.htm
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Okay, Lamby, this is a weird thing. I was trying to find some information about Judas Iscariot when I came across this band called Lambchop. Isn't that strange? This picture is the front and back of a 7" record cover. I swear I starting having flashbacks to ROOM 303
when I read the words to "Soaky in the Pooper". And I've never even been there! :boggle: :o :boggle:
ImageImage
Soaky In the Pooper/Two Kittens Don't Make a Puppy
(Merge 066) 1994

Soaky in the Pooper

Soaky in the Pooper
Standing in a stupor by the tank
better call the super
as I grip the towel rack for strength
studied all these cracks before
stuff the towel beneath the door
crawling up all upon the floor
and wait for it to pass

Hear the faucet dripping
as his brain is slipping into mud
man I think he's tripping
better pull his head out of the bowl
and as the ceiling starts to bleed
he carefully begins to read
the label on the toilet seat
it's like warning of some kind

As his face turns bluish
and his eyes roll back into his head
the funeral was Jewish
all the mourners traveled in one car
they remembered he had said
you're never lonely when you're dead
and as the final rights were read
the angels start to sing
Soaky in the pooper

From http://lambchop.info/main.html:
Here's the official biographical listing of Lambchop as on the Merge Records Homepage:
"Lambchop is Nashville's most (bleep)-up country band. They aren't influenced by country music--they influence country music. Their music is even smoother than Del Reeves, and they have more musicians than Tanya Tucker's bathroom antics: two guitars, one bass, two drummers, pedal steel guitar, open-end wrenches, lacquer-thinner can, organ, xylophone, euphonium, trombone, baritone sax, trumpet, clarinet, bongoes, resonating metal square, and a vanilla extract bottle. Although they strive to be truly Nashville, they are virtually ignored in Nashville. In a town where every No. 1 single is recognized with a splashy Billboard overlooking the offices on Music Row, they labor quietly and diligently, waiting for the day when someone--Tony Brown, Aubrey Mayhew, Faith Hill--will return their phone calls or sexual advances. Chet Atkins may have turned his back on country music, but Lambchop haven't. As they discreetly continue to develop the New Nashville Sound in recording studios all across Music City, they know the day will come when the deadbeat moms and dads of country music will fess up and recognize their illegitimate children as the true inheritors of country music."

Actually, I think this sounds like my type of band.
Er.., I just listened to a couple of sound clips.
Maybe not quite me. But not bad.
Last edited by Cynth on Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Soaky in the Pooper

Soaky in the Pooper
Standing in a stupor by the tank
better call the super
as I grip the towel rack for strength
studied all these cracks before
stuff the towel beneath the door
crawling up all upon the floor
and wait for it to pass

Hear the faucet dripping
as his brain is slipping into mud
man I think he's tripping
better pull his head out of the bowl
and as the ceiling starts to bleed
he carefully begins to read
the label on the toilet seat
it's like warning of some kind

As his face turns bluish
and his eyes roll back into his head
the funeral was Jewish
all the mourners traveled in one car
they remembered he had said
you're never lonely when you're dead
and as the final rights were read
the angels start to sing
Soaky in the pooper
OMGL!
That's so ...odd!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Yeech! Cynth, you certainly have a gift for . . . umm . . . "accessorizing" threads!

Creepy coincidence!

Now, can someone tell me what it means??? On second thought, better not . . .

Here's an interesting website . . . http://www.theshadowlands.net/places .
You can post locations you feel are host to an unearthly presence.

Room 303 wasn't on it, but perhaps it should be!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Lambchop wrote:Yeech! Cynth, you certainly have a gift for . . . umm . . . "accessorizing" threads!

Creepy coincidence!

Now, can someone tell me what it means??? On second thought, better not . . .

Here's an interesting website . . . http://www.theshadowlands.net/places .
You can post locations you feel are host to an unearthly presence.

Room 303 wasn't on it, but perhaps it should be!
Well, I don't really know what it means exactly except something awful is happening to someone in an awful place. The details do seem to be a bit on the obsure side. :lol:

I went to that website and our town is on it. I've lived here a long time and I've never heard of the wheelchair rolling out on the stage during performances and rehearsals. I'll have to ask my husband since he works at that college. Frankly, I'd keep the wheelchair somewhere else! :lol:
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:I went to that website and our town is on it. I've lived here a long time and I've never heard of the wheelchair rolling out on the stage during performances and rehearsals. I'll have to ask my husband since he works at that college. Frankly, I'd keep the wheelchair somewhere else! :lol:
Yes, exactly! Being a very practical lamb, I am often surprised that people do not approach these kinds of issues in a calm manner.

The listings for Florida were loaded with hotels which had telephones ringing at odd hours even though they weren't supposed to be working, or calls seeming to come from empty rooms. I would think someone would bring in a repairman!
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Reasonable person
Walden