RSS in signature?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

RSS in signature?

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

I want to display an RSS feed in my signature - a "Quote of the Day," so my signature will constantly change - so every day it will say something new, like "Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse" or "The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest." How you do that, huh? Eh?
Huh?
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: RSS in signature?

Post by rich »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:I want to display an RSS feed in my signature - a "Quote of the Day," so my signature will constantly change - so every day it will say something new, like "Alimony is like buying hay for a dead horse" or "The way my luck is running, if I was a politician I would be honest." How you do that, huh? Eh?
Huh?
That feature doesn't exist, sorry. The signature's just a static piece of text in your profile.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Just change it every day. It'll be fresh and new every time!

I did that for a while -- at least a few days -- before I figured out that nobody was reading them. :evil:
Gabriel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Gabriel »

You could create a PHP script that reads a quote from a database every new day, writes it in a picture and returns it. You then could include the script via the [img] command in your signature since the script returns image data which is interpreted by the browser as an image.

Not difficult to make, did it myself some years ago with a random picture generator.

A spin-off would be that nobody could steal your quotes easily.