inserting 'previous quote' box

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Miwokhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

inserting 'previous quote' box

Post by Miwokhill »

How do I go about inserting a quote from a previous posting i.e. So and So said " ....." --I'm fairly new to computers in general so I haven't even figured out how to configure my words when I send people e-mails etc, and am not able to place spaces between paragraphs etc. This may be a seperate problem with my word processing program but I'd also like to be able to put in a quote at the bottom left as some posters do. Is there a way I can do this as well or is that my own processing program not being set up to do that. --Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to at least insert the previous comment box... thank you. mike mclaughlin
Miwokhill
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Miwokhill »

I now see similar questions to mine in recent threads. I'll try to read up and see if I can't get the answer there!-- mike :)
Lambchop
antispam: No

Re: inserting 'previous quote' box

Post by Lambchop »

Miwokhill wrote:How do I go about inserting a quote from a previous posting i.e. So and So said " ....." --I'm fairly new to computers in general so I haven't even figured out how to configure my words when I send people e-mails etc, and am not able to place spaces between paragraphs etc. This may be a seperate problem with my word processing program but I'd also like to be able to put in a quote at the bottom left as some posters do. Is there a way I can do this as well or is that my own processing program not being set up to do that. --Anyway, if anyone can tell me how to at least insert the previous comment box... thank you. mike mclaughlin
If the above is what you want to do, just click the "quote" button. It should be on the upper right corner of the post. It will put the whole post into yours, with quote and unquote tags at the beginning and end.

Just delete the parts you do not want. Just don't delete the quote/unquote at the beginning and end.

As for a little quote at the bottom of your post, that's done in the user profile. Look up at the fine print above, just under the heading. It should say FAQ, Search, Memberlist, Usergroups, Profile, etc. Click "profile" and it will take you to your profile screen, which you may edit. There is a box on it for signatures--that's where you type your quote or what-have-you.