Native American Flute Idea

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Tipple/fipple Flutist
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Native American Flute Idea

Post by Tipple/fipple Flutist »

I would love to have a Native American flute forum on this site.
Since NA Flutes have Fipples, I guess you could say they already have a home here.
I know there are many conflicting types and kinds of NA flute, but a forum would help us define this, or at least create more understanding of the flute, it's maintenance, and it's playing.
I know several expert flute makers who would drop by from time to time to say hello, as well as would listen to the pleas of many of us who want a three octave NA flute. (It's in the works already, have a two octave drone just invented especially for me and my high octave ways).
I have many questions and many ideas on the care and love of these unique instruments, I know there are alot of "closet" NA players on the flute forum, they message me all the time when I meantion I play.
I realise you can't create a forum for every hollow stick object that someone may blow through at one time or another, but perhaps we could put a poll in the forums and see what feedback you get. If it requires it, I am willing to moderate, even though my knowledge is not expensive, but I have many flute maker friends I can count on for good advice.
This idea came to me when I tried to find a tri-drone I had seen on an obscure flute builders site with ornate carving. I forgot to bookmark the site and now have no way to find this particularly constructed flute. "Tri-drone" just doesn't cut it in Google, but if I could place an enquiry on this forum, I know I would get results.
I am willing to beg, weedle and whine for this......at least getting permission to post the poll in the other forums listed to see if anyone else is as cedar crazy as I am!
Please? PLEEEEEAAASE?