Guide to Posting Images

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Pipe Bender
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Guide to Posting Images

Post by Pipe Bender »

I have been using Picasa Web Albums for sharing family photos and it worked fine as an image source for this posting as well. I'm on Windows 7 so right clinking on a picture did not have "Properties," but instead I chose "Copy Image Location" to place after Img and that worked fine as you can see.

................................ Image
Denny

Post by Denny »

I think what Gary was attempting to do was present a methodology that worked with different browsers. Of course we all know Microsoft.....

The object that he was retrieving is the full web address of the picture. `It is the image location.

Six years is a long time for computers, innit?
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

I'd like to post some images of my own, but don't want to mix up photos for public sharing here or elsewhere with family photos etc. that are for private sharing only. So I'd like to set up a specific account for "public sharing" so that I don't have to worry about privacy settings.

Is there any service provider that users here would recommend?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
John Driscoll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing Irish flute and whistles since January 2016. It's been a great departure from percussion, which has been my primary form of musicianship since I was a boy.

Post by John Driscoll »

Super helpful!

kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:I'd like to post some images of my own, but don't want to mix up photos for public sharing here or elsewhere with family photos etc. that are for private sharing only. So I'd like to set up a specific account for "public sharing" so that I don't have to worry about privacy settings.

I also see that both Photobucket and Imageshack both require a subscription to use their service now. Since there are numerous ways to post photos now from computers, or phones, is there an updated way to do that here using attachments? I understand that they need to charge but I am not a professional photographer and don't really want, or need, a subscription. I would like to sell a practice set and those are the few photos I have that are digital and I needed to borrow a digital camera for that. Otherwise I use film.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kmag wrote:
Roger O'Keeffe wrote:I'd like to post some images of my own, but don't want to mix up photos for public sharing here or elsewhere with family photos etc. that are for private sharing only. So I'd like to set up a specific account for "public sharing" so that I don't have to worry about privacy settings.

I also see that both Photobucket and Imageshack both require a subscription to use their service now. Since there are numerous ways to post photos now from computers, or phones, is there an updated way to do that here using attachments? I understand that they need to charge but I am not a professional photographer and don't really want, or need, a subscription. I would like to sell a practice set and those are the few photos I have that are digital and I needed to borrow a digital camera for that. Otherwise I use film.
Photobucket definitely doesn't need a subscription. I use it regularly, and have never paid a subscription. I used it just this week. I don't know about Imageshack. There are quite a few free image-sharing sites out there - Photobucket remains one of them.
kmag
Tell us something.: I try my best to play the flute and pipes. I have been coming here for years and now are required to fill this out for an address change.

Post by kmag »

I went on there this morning and it says its policies have changed as of June 28, 2107. No more image linking or third party hosting for free. I can still store there however up to 2G.

I am assuming that includes what I wanted to do here. I was mostly wondering if the site here had made it easier to post to the forum without using that type of site, such as Google sharing or attachments. I go to other forums and it is possible there and I was wondering if things had changed here as well.

I will search for other sites that will fulfill my needs, which are little. I know many people use the sharing sites regularly and for high quality photos. It is a service I don't need but I may have to bite the bullet and subscribe anyway.

Thank you for your help!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

The following just shared, right now - for free - from my photobucket account:

benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Honestly, you really don't need to pay anything, or "subscribe" in any way, to use Photobucket.
kmag

Post by kmag »

Thank you Ben.

I got on, the photos I had there were gone, and then I read the new terms. I thought the worst and started shopping for an alternative!
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

As I read them, I think they're saying that free accounts are not allowed to link to third party sites to store pictures on Photobucket. They clearly haven't stopped you storing, and sharing, your own photos.