Mysteriously Disappearing PMs!

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Mysteriously Disappearing PMs!

Post by Nanohedron »

Okay, the usual thing is: submit yer PM, it sits in the outbox until it's been read, and then it sits in the sentbox, right? I've had two messages leave the outbox but they didn't register in the sentbox, so I don't know if they've been received.

In the past, my sentbox has always received the read PMs while being full, no problem. The last in the lineup just get pushed into the ether, or something, and it's been that way for as long as I've been around here. I'm unconvinced it has anything to do with the "full sentbox" theory for that reason, but I cleared it just in case. Still no PMs in question showing up. What gives? Any ideas? Crystal People? Homeland Security? Men in Black?

*sigh*
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mystery solved, and it was almost ridiculously simple. With the sleuthing assistance of Carol/cskinner (who shall remain anonymous), we tested and eliminated possibilities, and came to the rock solid evidence of message deletion prior to reading. Duh.

Someone either despises me or is a bit shaky in PM function operation. You know who you are.

Since this issue revealed such a groundswell of interest, I thought I'd let you know for further reference. All ten of you. :lol: