Help! -- Need Admin Intervention

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
noel

Help! -- Need Admin Intervention

Post by noel »

I seem to need some admin intervention, 'cos I'm having major probs getting myself registered & logged in here.

Tried registering yesterday, username "squidgirl" (don't ask...), and never got the confirmation email. Phooey... but I'm persistant. Tried again today w/ my other habitual username ("noelvn") and a different email. Got logged in, switched the email to yet another one I prefer using. That seemed to work, but afterwards the board decided not to let me log in anymore ("You have specified an incorrect or inactive username, or an invalid password." ). When I tried getting a new password sent to me, I got the message: "Sorry, but your password cannot be retrieved because your account is currently inactive. Please contact the forum administrator for more information."

Could someone admin-ish please do something to enable one or the other of these usernames? (Can't try registering again, I've run out of email addreses!). I really really wanna talk about my adventures tweaking this original Clarke D whistle that sucked bigtime straight out of the box, inspiring some radical interventions on my part.

TIA (I hope),
Noel
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Hi Noel -

A friendly pre-welcome to you, and sorry to hear about your registration trouble! You'll want to get in touch with Rich, our admin guru. :) Shoot him an email for the fastest reply.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/profile.php?m ... rofile&u=1

If it won't let you email him because you're not registered (it should let you though), please feel free to let me know and I will email on your behalf.

--Ava
An bhfuil aon dearmad i mo Ghaeilge? Abair mé, le do thoil!
squidgirl

Doh! Dogged Persistance leads to Belated Insight...

Post by squidgirl »

OK, for some mysterious reason the "squidgirl" activation message was invisible via webmail, yet I was able to download it (???). That account is now succeessfullly activated.

And I just noticed that the mailbox for the new addy I put on the noelvn acccount was full'o'spam, so it presumably bounced the confirm so phpBB deactivated me. You can just delete this account entirely, since I seem to have solved my problems with the first one.

Sorry, my bad!
Noel
squidgirl

And thanks, Ava...

Post by squidgirl »

And thanks, Ava, for the warm welcome -- always so very reassuring to receive a friendly greeting when wandering into a new forum. I'm looking forward to posting.

Noel