INVALID SESSION

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.

What Talasiga experienced has

1. happened to me and is nothing to worry about
44%
2. not happened to me but I wouldn't worry if it did
33%
3. happened to me and its spooky
11%
4. not happened to me and I'd worry if it did
11%

Total votes: 9

talasiga
antispam: No

Re: INVALID SESSION

Post by talasiga »

Peggy wrote:
talasiga wrote:In some circles hyphens in words were phased out with mohair socks.
8)

Well, then you won't fuss when you complain of having long cold feet and people hand you larger shoes instead of the frostbite kit, eh?
Oh Peggioh! I didn't mean Arctic and Antarctic circles!
:P
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit

Post by Guest »

The exact reason is that PHP has a default timeout for handling sessions. Once you log on the site, your "session" starts, and everytime you'll make an action, like reading a post, writing a post, even refreshing the page, the session timeout will "reset", as if you were telling PHP "hey I'm still here, don't kill me!". The default session timeout in PHP is about 20 minutes, meaning that 20 minutes of inaction will destroy your session. I'm not sure if Rich changed it though. The reason why there is a timeout with sessions is for security reasons. Let's say you log on your bank account through the internet and forget to log off... If there were no session timeout, the next person using your computer, even the day after, would have total access to your session.

I'd personally make the timeout at least an hour, since we're not trying to protect critical data like credit card information.
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Oops...

Post by Azalin »

... that post was mine, it's kewl to be able to post without loggin' in, I could send Tala anonymous threats :D
talasiga

Re: Oops...

Post by talasiga »

Azalin wrote:... that post was mine, it's kewl to be able to post without loggin' in, I could send Tala anonymous threats :D
In your case Azalin, the most frightening threat is the threat of anonymity .....
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit