Chiff and Fipple Forums

Page 1 of 1

Author:  Jack [ Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:42 pm ]
Post subject:  marquee

How do you do marquee?


that ^ doesnt work

Author:  skh [ Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:26 am ]
Post subject: 

What is "to marquee"?

What it is meant to look like? There once was a <marquee> tag in either IE or Netscape, but it was never part of the official HTML standard, and the browser that didn't have it in the beginning never added support for it. I don't remember what it did.


Author:  Jack [ Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

marquee is suppost to make text move across the screen

Author:  Jack [ Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:37 am ]
Post subject: 

*sigh* Anybody?

Author:  skh [ Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:57 am ]
Post subject: 

Well, I thought I had hidden the answer in my previous post: it is not something HTML is meant to do, it will only work in one browser (if at all), and so it would make tons of sense to me not to try to support it in the forum software at all.


Author:  Jack [ Thu Oct 02, 2003 1:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh, thanks.

I thought I'd seen it on the board before in somebody's signature line. :/

Author:  chattiekathy [ Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:41 pm ]
Post subject: 


Before when we were on the old board, there was a way to do marquee. I even used it a couple of times and I think Sam was the one who had it in her sig. I guess this new board is lacking it. :(

Kathy :)

Author:  Jack [ Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:18 am ]
Post subject: 

That explains why I hadn't seen it in a long time.

Thanks Kathy.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group