Vanishing PMs?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
make_fast
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Vanishing PMs?

Post by make_fast »

Was just reading a PM I had, clicked reply and the whole conversation (maybe 6-7 back and forths) disappeared. Not in inbox/outbox/etc.

Dunno if this is a result of the switch to the new board software or what.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Vanishing PMs?

Post by Nanohedron »

make_fast wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 am Was just reading a PM I had, clicked reply and the whole conversation (maybe 6-7 back and forths) disappeared. Not in inbox/outbox/etc.

I see that some material has been lost, and I don't know how much loss there is. Rats. I am forced to say that it's very probably collateral damage from the changes. Why this happens, I have no idea. Our apologies. We have every faith that there will actually come a day when the dust settles, but boy howdy, it can't come soon enough.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I just had a PM from March 24 re-appear that had disappeared during the previous forum problems. From a user that had also disappeared from the member list.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:17 pm I just had a PM from March 24 re-appear that had disappeared during the previous forum problems. From a user that had also disappeared from the member list.
Looks like I've lost a whole bunch of PM material all around, myself. Nothing serious, but kind of annoying on principle. There was a thread in the Pub that I was enjoying the heck out of, but that's gone now.

Well, I'm not going to insult everyone's intelligence by saying one day we'll all look back on this, and laugh. Oh, wait. I just did.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
make_fast
Tell us something.: Learning uilleann pipes, whistle, and occasional backing instruments. Just hacking away and slowly expanding repertoire.

Post by make_fast »

It was no big deal, tracked down the user and pinged him again, just weird!
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:40 pm
make_fast wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:57 am Was just reading a PM I had, clicked reply and the whole conversation (maybe 6-7 back and forths) disappeared. Not in inbox/outbox/etc.

I see that some material has been lost, and I don't know how much loss there is. Rats. I am forced to say that it's very probably collateral damage from the changes. Why this happens, I have no idea. Our apologies. We have every faith that there will actually come a day when the dust settles, but boy howdy, it can't come soon enough.
I believe that I can hear dust settling as I write ...