How To Edit a Previously Posted For Sale Posting

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
cairdin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm interested in "pure drop" Irish traditional music, and play a bit of soprano D whistle.

How To Edit a Previously Posted For Sale Posting

Post by cairdin »

I recently created a For Sale post, and now want to edit it. The page says I "can" edit posts in this forum, but I don't see how to access that function. It is probably right in front of my face, but I'm missing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: How To Edit a Previously Posted For Sale Posting

Post by Peter Duggan »

We can only edit our posts for three days:
http://forums.chiffandfipple.com/viewto ... 3#p1072394
Last edited by Peter Duggan on Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: How To Edit a Previously Posted For Sale Posting

Post by Nanohedron »

(Cross-posted with Peter. :) )

Look to the lower right of the post field. There you should see a clicky box labeled "edit"; click on that and make your changes, hit submit, et voilà. If the clicky box isn't there, then it will have been over 72 hours since you first submitted the post.

If after that you need to make changes, simply make an update with a new subsequent post. For example, if a for-sale item has sold, there's no real reason to edit the original to say so (although when you can do so, there's no problem with it either); just post "Sold" as a reply. That's the usual way around here, since most sales tend to happen after a few days.

http://staging.forums.chiffandfipple.co ... 3#p1072394

If absolutely necessary and it makes sense to do so - it's rare, but it happens - a mod can help you make changes to a post you're no longer able to edit. Please don't make a habit of that, though; a desire to keep your post count down will not be considered adequate reason.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician