Nicholas Markey

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Lofty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Researching my family, whose origins are in Ireland and and my Great Grandfathers name ( Nicholas Markey) came up on this site! After a recent visit to Dublin we met the archivist at the Dublin Pipers Club. He showed us photo's of my Great Grandfather who was well know to them but who I knew very little about but hope to know more.

Nicholas Markey

Post by Lofty »

Hi,

I read a post from Maggie Donnely dating back to 2013. Maggie said she joined to correct a post about the Census data for Nicholas Markey that a member had put up on the site as she is his Great Grandaugter. I found this post when I googled Nicholas, who is also my Great Grandfather!

Hope your with me so far. I was born in the UK and other than my parents who were both born in Dublibn we have only limited knowledge of our ancestry and over recent years have been discovering much. We visited Ireland in 2019, and have done many times, to spend time trying to dscover more. Whilst in Doolin it was suggested we visit a local pub where Blackie O'Connell was playing and who put us in touch with Emmett Gill the Archivist with the society of Irish Pipers In Dublin both of whom knew more about my Great Granfather than I did, despite my father being accomplished fiddler huimself.

Apoologies for rambling, as I am sure you will understand much of this has come as a complete suprise. The reason I have contacted Chiff & Fipple is to ask if you could put me in touch with Maggie Donnelly, both as another relative to add to our ever growing family tree and also as she described herself in the post as keeper of the family geneology.

Any assistance you can offer will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Steve Markey