Live Chat 405 Not Allowed openresty error message

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Skyclad01
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Live Chat 405 Not Allowed openresty error message

Post by Skyclad01 »

Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IRC's end.
Last edited by Skyclad01 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Live Chat 405 Not Allowed openresty error message

Post by benhall.1 »

Skyclad01 wrote:Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IFC's end.
If you're trying to use the 'Live Chat' function here on Chiff and Fipple, we haven't looked at that for many years. I'm pretty sure it's simply defunct. We also haven't got round to figuring out how to remove the words 'Live Chat' and the apparent link from underneath the 'Chiff & Fipple' heading.

Or are you getting that message when just trying to use the Board for the usual, routine reasons? If so, I'm not sure where the problem might be - as far as I know, there has not been an issue with the Board software in the last day or two.
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

benhall.1 wrote:
Skyclad01 wrote:Been getting this since last night. Im not sure if its on C&F's end or IFC's end.
If you're trying to use the 'Live Chat' function here on Chiff and Fipple, we haven't looked at that for many years. I'm pretty sure it's simply defunct. We also haven't got round to figuring out how to remove the words 'Live Chat' and the apparent link from underneath the 'Chiff & Fipple' heading.

Or are you getting that message when just trying to use the Board for the usual, routine reasons? If so, I'm not sure where the problem might be - as far as I know, there has not been an issue with the Board software in the last day or two.
The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link. As far as I can make of it though, it looks like it might be on IRC's side and not C&F
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Post by benhall.1 »

Skyclad01 wrote:
benhall.1 wrote:

The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link. As far as I can make of it though, it looks like it might be on IRC's side and not C&F
I used to use the Live Chat button. Whenever I try it these days, it doesn't work for me. Maybe it works on some browsers and not others. As I say, we haven't really looked at it for years.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Seems to be working for me.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Seems to be working for me.
And was there anyone to chat to?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:Seems to be working for me.
And was there anyone to chat to?
I just saw the main page, and figured everything must be fine on my end. I didn't actually go in; I'd tried it years ago, but chat kind of gives me the creeps and makes me itchy.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

Well, I have to say, I only get as far as the sign-in page. As soon as I try to get beyond that, it doesn't work. It doesn't work on my laptop, and it doesn't work on my phone. Are you sure you've actually gone in?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote:Are you sure you've actually gone in?
Well, I said I didn't. I saw the sign-in page, and assumed from that that things must be working. My bad.

Okay - I gave it a real try and it took forever to load, so it timed out. I just gave it another try, and same thing:
This site can’t be reached

http://www.mrbill.net took too long to respond.
Just had a third try, and no change. So that's how it's panning out on my end.
benhall.1

Post by benhall.1 »

I'm getting different error messages on each attempt, but always an error message. From memory, that's how it's been for years now, at least for me.
Skyclad01 wrote:The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link.
Skyclad01: did you ever get in to the thing proper, and manage to connect with other users? Or did you just get to the sign-in page, as is happening with myself and Nanohedron?
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

benhall.1 wrote:I'm getting different error messages on each attempt, but always an error message. From memory, that's how it's been for years now, at least for me.
Skyclad01 wrote:The Live Chat function does work, so don't remove the link.
Skyclad01: did you ever get in to the thing proper, and manage to connect with other users? Or did you just get to the sign-in page, as is happening with myself and Nanohedron?
I click on the Live Chat link and it takes me to the sign in page. Then I type in my name and click the connect button and I get to here http://www.mrbill.net/chiffirc/irc.cgi which is normally the chatroom, but that's where I get;

405 Not Allowed
openresty
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Skyclad01 wrote: I click on the Live Chat link and it takes me to the sign in page. Then I type in my name and click the connect button and I get to here http://www.mrbill.net/chiffirc/irc.cgi which is normally the chatroom, but that's where I get;

405 Not Allowed
openresty
Now if I take away the /irc.cgi from the end of the URL, I get this;

404 Not Found
openresty

That may be normal though since I took out that bit at the end of the URL.

And if I to to www.mrbill.net, I just get a page that says this;
2020 Copyright. All Rights Reserved.

The Sponsored Listings displayed above are served automatically by a third party. Neither Parkingcrew nor the domain owner maintain any relationship with the advertisers.

Privacy Policy

Which is probably normal im guessing.
Dan A.
Tell us something.: I can only hope that my proficiency with the whistle is steadily improving. A few of my whistles get a workout on an almost daily basis. And I'm almost certainly afflicted with WhOAD.

Post by Dan A. »

Before live chat was brought up herein, I scarcely knew it existed. I gave it a go, purely out of curiousity. After typing in a nickname, I hit the "connect" button. The progress meter fills to ~10%, and that's all I get. Both my Android phone and Amazon Fire tablet produce these results.
Skyclad01

Re: Live Chat 405 Not Allowed (UPDATE: Live Chat fixed)

Post by Skyclad01 »

Just to update, Live Chat is fixed and working again!