Email newsletter?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
avanben
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Beginning penny whistler, but have a musical background, love Irish/Celtic music. Retired and cruise/live on our boat.

Email newsletter?

Post by avanben »

Newbie here!
At the top of every page under the header is a link for ‘Free email newsletter’. But when I click on it, I get the dreaded ‘404 not found’. Is this newsletter still sent out?
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: Email newsletter?

Post by benhall.1 »

avanben wrote:Newbie here!
At the top of every page under the header is a link for ‘Free email newsletter’. But when I click on it, I get the dreaded ‘404 not found’. Is this newsletter still sent out?
Er ... no. The Newsletter is long since defunct. Sadly, your current Moderators, including yours truly, don't feel quite competent enough to remove the link from the header. I tried it a while ago, but the risk was that the header would go altogether, and I might not be able to get it back, and also that other things to do with the presentation of the Board may change in ways that I couldn't predict.

So, the pragmatic solution, for now, is that we leave it there, even though it doesn't do anything.

Sorry about that ...
avanben
Tell us something.: Beginning penny whistler, but have a musical background, love Irish/Celtic music. Retired and cruise/live on our boat.

Re: Email newsletter?

Post by avanben »

No problem, lol! Thx for the reply.
Probably more info than I can ingest right in the forum...