Private messages

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
JayMitch
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Private messages

Post by JayMitch »

I sent a private message (I thought) and it ended up in my outbox. Does that mean it has been sent?

Since there is an outbox and a sentbox, it seems like I should have to take some action to send the message from the outbox, at which time it would end up in the sentbox. But I don't see any way to send items that are in the outbox.

What am I missing?

--Jay
Geraghty

Post by Geraghty »

I don't know, but I haven't used that function yet. what happens if you send one to yourself? then you can see if it arrived, and where the sent copy is supposed to be..
trisha
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by trisha »

This has just happened to me for no reason I can see - two pms in the last week...both in the Outbox, but can't see how to get them on their way.

Trisha
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I was wondering at this too, when it occurred to me that the message just hadn't been read yet by the party I sent it to. So far, this appears to be the case: once a reply has been sent back to me, my message leaves my outbox and goes my sentbox.

Does this mean that my messages stuck in the outbox are being ignored ??? The very gall.

OTOH, it may be that some messages actually get stuck somehow...I think that one solution is to send another for verification, or do the "[insert name here], check your PMs" post thing.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Update: a message I sent that needed no reply has appeared in my sentbox. I take it to mean that the message was opened and read.

This still leaves the question of stuck or unread messages. Perhaps an email to Rich? :)