Where to post wanted CDs

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
ClintW
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: My first attraction to the forum is the chance to locate hard-to-find CDs that others have for sale, but I hope to learn from discussion topics as well. My favorite whistle & flute players are Brian Finnegan, Sarah Allen, Flook! Flook! Flook!, Seamus Egan, and Michael McGoldrick.

Where to post wanted CDs

Post by ClintW »

I'm new to C&F and am interested in occasionally posting about relevant out-of-print CDs that I'm seeking to buy. After taking a look around the site and the various forums (I have a friend who would insist on using "fora"), I'm unsure what might be the best place to make such posts. The music I'm looking for is often not limited to a single instrument family, so the instrument forums don't seem to apply. I see there are forums about used instruments, too, but not recordings. Could you offer any suggestions, please?

Thanks,
Clint W
Iowa USA
Brus

Re: Where to post wanted CDs

Post by Brus »

ClintW wrote:I'm new to C&F and am interested in occasionally posting about relevant out-of-print CDs that I'm seeking to buy. After taking a look around the site and the various forums (I have a friend who would insist on using "fora"), I'm unsure what might be the best place to make such posts. The music I'm looking for is often not limited to a single instrument family, so the instrument forums don't seem to apply. I see there are forums about used instruments, too, but not recordings. Could you offer any suggestions, please?

Thanks,
Clint W
Iowa USA
Try searching Amazon. A lot of old CDs show up there.

I've had some luck with these guys in the past too:

http://yankeemusic.com/
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur. (Anything is more impressive if you say it in Latin)
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Usually posted to the Irish Traditional Music forum
viewforum.php?f=8
ClintW
Tell us something.: My first attraction to the forum is the chance to locate hard-to-find CDs that others have for sale, but I hope to learn from discussion topics as well. My favorite whistle & flute players are Brian Finnegan, Sarah Allen, Flook! Flook! Flook!, Seamus Egan, and Michael McGoldrick.

Post by ClintW »

Thanks, kkrell & Brus. This is for times when all of my usual sources (Amazon.com (US), Amazon.co.uk, eBay, a number of online stores in Ireland and the UK), have been exhausted. But I wasn't familiar with Yankee Music Search, so I'll definitely check that out, and will also consider posting on the Irish Traditional Music forum.