Posting recordings/videos

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
AuLoS303
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Posting recordings/videos

Post by AuLoS303 »

Where's the most appropriate part of the forum to post video/audio links of our own recordings?
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Posting recordings/videos

Post by Nanohedron »

It would depend on content.

Let's say you are playing Mary Had a Little Lamb on fiddle. Because of the instrument, you could post the recording in the Trad Strings Forum, but obviously Mary Had a Little Lamb itself is no fit for the ITM Forum. The same tune on recorder should go in the World/Folk Winds Forum. If on recorder you played Casadh an tSúgáin, you could put it in the ITM Forum, even though recorder is atypical to that tradition. IOW, we ask that people post according to where the end product fits, and you judge this by the instrument and what you are playing on it. If after consideration you're still unsure, contact a mod.

Make sense?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
AuLoS303
Tell us something.: I have a fascination for musical instruments of all kinds, and though I'm not a very good player I have a small collection of acoustic instruments including 5 recorders, 3 tin whistles , 3 guitars and 2 ukuleles.

Re: Posting recordings/videos

Post by AuLoS303 »

Nanohedron wrote:It would depend on content.

Let's say you are playing Mary Had a Little Lamb on fiddle. Because of the instrument, you could post the recording in the Trad Strings Forum, but obviously Mary Had a Little Lamb itself is no fit for the ITM Forum. The same tune on recorder should go in the World/Folk Winds Forum. If on recorder you played Casadh an tSúgáin, you could put it in the ITM Forum, even though recorder is atypical to that tradition. IOW, we ask that people post according to where the end product fits, and you judge this by the instrument and what you are playing on it. If after consideration you're still unsure, contact a mod.

Make sense?
Yea I'm with you. Recorder stuff in World/Folk Winds, Guitar and Ukulele in the String Instruments section
You can play beautiful music on an ugly flute
My musical endeavours on my blog