not authorised to send PMs

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: not authorised to send PMs

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote:Well, you're just on the verge of your third post already, so keep 'em coming. This is all stuff we consider substantial enough for approval. :)

Let me know privately who this seller is, and I'll check. Everyone's supposed to have a working email address, so I need to find out.

So in the meantime, give us another post, and you'll be approved for full permissions. Then you can use the PM function to contact me, and likewise the seller.
As a reassurance to our members who choose not to display their email address: we do not give out anyone's email address to third parties.

Annke, I suggest you use your newly acquired PM permissions to contact the seller yourself. Mod
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Well-said, Ben.

In case there would be any confusion, it would never be my intent to disseminate information the member wants kept private. My intent is simply to see if Annke missed something.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Annke
Tell us something.: I’ve been playing a 3 keyed flute for 15 years. Now I want to get a 6 keyed flute. A friend recommended that I check out one on this site.

Post by Annke »

Thank you both for your help. I am about to send a PM to that member now.
mitchmarie
Tell us something.: I'm not much of a flute player yet, but definitely not a spammer. Love what I've seen of this forum so far, and looking forward to exploring it more!

Post by mitchmarie »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

Newbie here, also in the position of not having very much to post to earn the ability to PM. Hoping this post will count as authorized?
mitchmarie
Tell us something.: I'm not much of a flute player yet, but definitely not a spammer. Love what I've seen of this forum so far, and looking forward to exploring it more!

Post by mitchmarie »

PS to be more specific, trying to respond to a member about an instrument for sale in the used forum.
mitchmarie

Post by mitchmarie »

I did try to contact via the email listed, but got a response that the email was undeliverable :( Any help would be very much appreciated!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

mitchmarie wrote:...in the position of not having very much to post to earn the ability to PM.
You seem to have a basically utilitarian view of the Board. We do hope that rather than merely seeing what you can get out of it, you will contribute to it in turn.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
mitchmarie

Post by mitchmarie »

Nanohedron wrote:
mitchmarie wrote:...in the position of not having very much to post to earn the ability to PM.
You seem to have a basically utilitarian view of the Board. We do hope that rather than merely seeing what you can get out of it, you will contribute to it in turn.
Nanohedron, I'm sorry to have given that impression. I love what I've been seeing so far and do very much hope to contribute, just haven't gotten past feeling like a newbie :)

Thanks so much for your help!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

:)