Question about posting pics

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Yukon Cornelius
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Question about posting pics

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

Sorry to be a pain, but I'm not sure about the procedure of getting my pics from there to here. Any instructional help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :-?
OPERATOR: 911 What's your emergency?
ME: Sorry to be a bother, but I seem to have severed my arm using a chop saw while making flutes.
OPERATOR: Is it still attached?
ME: Well, if by "attached" you mean "is it still on my workbench", then technically, yes.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Question about posting pics

Post by s1m0n »

You need to find an off-site photo host to which you can upload your image files. There are many candidates. Google `free imagehost`. Each will provide a URL link to the image file on their server. To post an image here, you need to embed that URL between [img ]add url here[/img ] tags. See the IMG button, above. I added a space inside the brackets to make the code show up. If you high-light your URL before clicking the IMG button, the tags will wrap around your url in the correct fashion, but you can do it several other ways, as well. You can create the tags first and type or paste your url between them, or once you understand the syntax, you can type everything, tags and all.
Last edited by s1m0n on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

s1m0n wrote:I added a space inside the brackets to make the code show up.
That's what the 'code' tags are for.

Code: Select all

[img]your URL here[/img]
[code]code
[/code]
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Yukon Cornelius

Post by Yukon Cornelius »

Okay! Many thanks. My computer knowledge is non-existant, but I will work at it until I get it right. After all, for every acceptable flute I make, about 99 are sent to the "great beyond." (burning barrel) :boggle:
I'll get to it promptly. I have over 300 plus flutes and it would be nice if someone looked at them!
Thanks a million,
Have a great night! :thumbsup:
OPERATOR: 911 What's your emergency?
ME: Sorry to be a bother, but I seem to have severed my arm using a chop saw while making flutes.
OPERATOR: Is it still attached?
ME: Well, if by "attached" you mean "is it still on my workbench", then technically, yes.