ABC with chords AND continuous looping

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

ABC with chords AND continuous looping

Post by Terry McGee »

Hi all

Anyone have a recommendation for a general purpose ABC program that can play chords (from the written chord name eg "D") and that loops without hesitation. I’ve been trying abcExplorer, which plays chords well, but has a delay when looping. And previously using ABCnavigator, which loops seamlessly but can’t play named chords.

Yes, I want my cake and eat it too….

Terry
cboody
antispam: No

Re: ABC with chords AND continuous looping

Post by cboody »

See my answer on thesession.org. The loop might not be as continuous as you wish but EasyABC will do it.
Kypfer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Kypfer »

With ABCExplorer, you could try exporting the ABC as a MIDI then looping that in your media player. Else simply copy and paste the ABC code into itself as many times as you want it repeated ... not pretty, but it'll do the job!
"I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
stanton135
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi Nano. I was somewhat active on the Chiffboards maybe 5 or 6 years ago, participating in several whistle tours (Bracker, Hardy, Ellis). I took a break from the Chiffboards, and music mostly, for several years because I got a full-time job and had a baby. I'm easing back into the music, though (which is great, I missed it). It's good to be back!

Post by stanton135 »

Tunebook, for iOS. It plays chords and repeats without dropping the beat. Very nice ABC editor, and portable, too! I carry my tune collection around in my pocket. (Well, and in my head!)
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

Kypfer wrote:
With ABCExplorer, you could try exporting the ABC as a MIDI then looping that in your media player. Else simply copy and paste the ABC code into itself as many times as you want it repeated ... not pretty, but it'll do the job!
Yeah, I have done that, and it works fine as a workaround. But I was hoping for something better!
Terry McGee

Post by Terry McGee »

stanton135 wrote:Tunebook, for iOS. It plays chords and repeats without dropping the beat. Very nice ABC editor, and portable, too! I carry my tune collection around in my pocket. (Well, and in my head!)
Hmmm, I should have specified PC.

Terry