Splitting a track

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Splitting a track

Post by MTGuru »

:-) Yes, nice to see they're still in business. But no, that's not my set. It's this:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cambridg ... ic-107529/

Vintage 2000 or so, and considered cheapies at the time; they sold for around $40 IIRC. By 2004 they were going for $10. Nowadays I'd probably have to pay you to take them. And I had to rewire the potentiometer, replace the regulated power supply, then find and solder broken traces on the circuit board. But yes, they sound decent. And I can switch in a pair of Bose 301's when I want, and use the satellites as a center channel.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

MT Thanks for kicking the tune off for me, though the sample you listened to was further into the track where the whistles had become clearer. Nevertheless your notation helped me see the pattern and I only realised I was doing it right when I compared the two (since it was difficult to know where yours started). Long way to go and it takes me probably ten times as long you to do it but this is it so far up to where your sample finishes:

X: 1
T: The Stream
M: 4/4
L: 1/8
R: reel
K: Dmaj
EF!wedge!F EF!wedge!F EF|zEFGFE!wedge!ED|DE!wedge!EDE!wedge!E DE |zDEF ED!wedge!D2|
DE!wedge!EDE!wedge!E DE- |EDEF EDBz|DE!wedge!EDE!wedge!E DE |!wedge!EDEF!slide!A3 B|
!slide!F2!wedge!FE ~F3E| ~F3G FE!wedge!ED|z2ED ~E3D| ~E3 FED!wedge!Dz|DE!wedge!E D~E3 D|
~E3 FED!wedge!Dz|DE!wedge!E D~E3 D |~E3F ABBA

Is it a reel . . . or what?
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

Oh no, you have an infestation of wedges! Once they get into your music, they're very hard to get rid of. (Yes, I know, you're just notating cuts.) :)

A reel - sure, why not. It's in reel time. But as a composed non-trad tune, what it's called is not too important.

Watch the spacing of your ABC, or you'll end up with note groupings that are hard(er) to read.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Post by Mikethebook »

Haha! Yes the wedges look terrible but the alternative {A/} looks so much worse in the music.