Whistle Making Tech?

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
Thomas-Hastay
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Whistle Making Tech?

Post by Thomas-Hastay »

Would anyone here object to adding "whistlesmith tech" to this sub-board? Many of us want to brainstorm Whistle Making without creating more work for the overworked admin types. We could learn from each other!
"The difference between Genius and stupidity, is that Genius has its limits" (Albert Einstein)
thomashastay@yahoo.com
hans
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Re: Whistle Making Tech?

Post by hans »

I think of this forum as being trad orientated electronic tech, not for the art and craft of whistle or other instrument making. I am happy those aspects are discussed within their respective fora, amongst reviews, playing tips etc. That also gives non-making players some ideas of what is involved in making these magical tubes.
This is a home for discussing music technology in and around the practice and performance of traditional music, including:

* Hardware and gadgets
* Software and applications
* Sound Recording and Reinforcement
* Internet resources
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I agree that construction techniques, ideas, etc. should continue to be addressed in their respective instrument forums (fora). There are plenty of threads there already, such as tyiam's links to images and videos of his whistle making.
MTGuru

Post by MTGuru »

As hans suggests, I think we want to keep this forum consistent with the purpose set out in the description, as a place for tech topics not easily subsumed in the other instrument-oriented forums, and applicable to all instruments.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.