Tunepal update

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
skooter500
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Tunepal update

Post by skooter500 »

A few updates for users of Tunepal:

1. Foinse (the Irish language supplement to the Irish Independant) has a nice feature on Tunepal today. You can view a high res scan of the article here: http://tunepal.wordpress.com
2. iPhone owners - the latest version of Tunepal is now available. This version has an improved matching algorithm that is better at identifying tunes even when the parts are played out of order. For example, getting the B part of a tune back into the A part
3. Android owners – The latest version of Tunepal for Android is now available through the Android Marketplace and direct through the website http://tunepal.org (using Paypal). This version fixes the “Tunepal cannot hear enough notes” problem some users were having. This version is now compatible with all phones running Android 1.5 or higher including the HTC Desire, Hero, Legend, MyTouch, Nexus One, LG Ally, Samsung Galaxy etc.

If anyone needs help upgrading feel free to PM me or leave a message on the Facebook page or blog.

Bryan
Steampacket

Re: Tunepal update

Post by Steampacket »

Thanks Bryan :party:
colomon
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

I ran into an interesting one yesterday. I tried to identify a tune off the Andy McGann, Paddy Reynolds, and Paul Brady album by holding my phone to the computer speaker. No joy, though I would have thought the melody was very clear relative to the accompaniment.

I then played the tune by ear (taking a couple of tries without Tunpal first to get the feel of the tune) and it identified it correctly with something like 90% certainty. (Which let me identify which recording I was listening to.)

No complaint here, mind you, just an observation.
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)
skooter500

Post by skooter500 »

Hmmm

I dont have that CD, but I'll pick it up tomorrow. What track was it? What key were they playing in? Dont forget that if they are not playing in concert pitch, you should change the "Transcription Fundamental" in Tunepal. I'm working on various solutions for transposition invarient matching so you wont have to do this (for a future release)

Bryan
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

If that album is Shanachie 34008 (Masters of Irish Music series), the tracks are all at concert pitch.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.