Welcome to Trad Tech!

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Welcome to Trad Tech!

Post by MTGuru »

Welcome to the Chiff and Fipple Trad Tech Forum! This is a home for discussing technology in and around traditional music, including:
  • * Hardware and gadgets
    * Software and applications
    * Sound Recording and Reinforcement
    * Internet resources
Electronic instruments are a grey area, and few in number, but worthy of discussion. Although the nitty-gritty of instrument making is a different field of interest, it also has its place under the broader umbrella of Tech. Performance issues should be addressed in the respective instrument forums, while technical issues can be addressed here.

The history of technology and traditional music and culture is long and complex, both positive and negative. Tools and aids, both classic and modern, are a part of the making and enjoyment of traditional music for many fans and players, and that fact informs the spirit of discussions here.

As always, the usual Chiffboard guidelines apply, including rules about Commercial Posting, concern trolling, and general civility. Violations will be moderated without explanation.

The decision to undertake this new forum follows detailed discussions between Dale and the mods, and feedback from other users. The success of the experiment is up to you ...
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
fearfaoin

Re: Welcome to Trad Tech!

Post by fearfaoin »

I like it!
technowhistle
Tell us something.: I need help transcribing whistle music! My 'by ear' listening and playing isn't all that good. I hope I can find that help here.

Post by technowhistle »

Yipeee!!
I d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶have a beard.

I̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶e̶!̶
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eskin »

Thanks to Dale and the moderators for setting this up!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

MTGuru wrote:Performance issues should be addressed in the respective instrument forums...
Speaking of which, in the ITM Forum I will expect to see a YouTube vid of an apps-only - that's right, apps-only - session.

C'mon, geeks. Chop-chop. :wink:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
cboody

Post by cboody »

Yes yes!!! As a long time techno geek I'm delighted to see this. We've come a long way from the first sound recording packages on Apple II and other such machines. Once I knew all the packages. Then I knew all the Mac packages. Then I sometimes knew about some of the packages. Now....It'll be good to get more in touch again.