Drone software or app

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
awildman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Drone software or app

Post by awildman »

I was recommended droning software like a shruti box app to help with intonation. Practice sets don't have drones built in, obviously. I can sit down at my keyboard and hold down the pedal, which is not a bad idea. But I was hoping to find something more 'set and forget'. Android app or Windows pc. Something easy to use please. Free or cheap is a good price. Ideas?
westerneyes

Re: Drone software or app

Post by westerneyes »

Check out this thread here from a few days ago:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=105244

I have the iOS version of this app and it has a drone feature as well as the regulator keys. You can even adjust the pitch of the drones in the settings to tune to your chanter. I'd recommend it!
Calum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Calum »

http://www.dronetonetool.com/

This is 440 only, but useful nonetheless.
Aldwyn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am haunted by Uilleann Pipes. Been so for years. I have an Irish background and have played Trad on guitar in a duet long ago. Just started on the UPs in Feb of 2017!

Post by Aldwyn »

There is also this:

http://ccmixter.org/files/duck/24046

I only have a half set at the moment (drones should be ready next month or so!), so anytime I want to play along with dones, I use these. Sounds good to my ears, anyway!

Its only 6 mins long, but you could always DL it I suppose, and double it up or more if you have Sonar or some other music editing software.
Kirk Lynch half set
Guitars, Ukes, whistles, misc percussion
Pocket lint